Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No phone number, no mobile internet access.

I've never had a cellphone before.I just got my Nexus 5. I ordered it online and I asked for a new phone number. I put the SIM card in and set up the phone, but I can't get any service, even right next to the nearest cell tower. Also, my phone number says it's "unknown" and there is nothing else telling me what it is. I don't know if I have to activate it, but in the Self Serve it says you need your number to do so...help?

5 replies

Userlevel 1
are you on prepaid or month to month? Month to month has to be activated in a store or over the phone, prepaid can be activated right over the Koodos website... but it HAS to be activated first before you get a phone number.
Damon wrote:

are you on prepaid or month to month? Month to month has to be activated in a store or over the p...

That was the problem. I got it, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You said no mobile internet access. But can you talk and text?
OK, its all sorted. I somehow missed the part of the email that told me whatnl to do. Yes, I am an idiot. Sorry for wasting your time.
Userlevel 6
Glad to see it's working now, Ryan! Welcome to Koodo Mobile 🙂 ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.