Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no network in toronto

Both samsung android phones in our house are unable to call or text for two days... Any ideas. Power cycling did not help.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your bill paid in full up to date? While the phone is on take out the battery & the SIM Card for a minute or so them replace them both and try again. If this doesn't help call koodo & make sure your bill is up to date, dial *611 from your mobile phone.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Is your bill paid in full up to date? While the phone is on take out the battery & the SIM Card...

Bill is up to date. i will try pulling the battery out while the phone is on.

Is your bill paid in full up to date? While the phone is on take out the battery & the SIM Card...

Oh and both phones are on different accounts so i don't think it's a billing issue. Mine goes straight to credit card that is always paid so unless they messed up both our accounts, it's not billing.
Userlevel 1

Lizz can you confirm that both phones are not getting network service in your home only or anywhere you go ?

Ok so i power cycled it again. It works for 20 mins then falls off the network. Can't manually reconnect. I've done this about 10 times over the past 2 days all with the same result. Will be going to work soon, so i will try in a new area. My birthday is tmr, would be nice if ppl could contact me.
Userlevel 1

Can you post here if it works fine in a new area?

Workin so far in mississauga. Might be a tower problem downtown toronto.

Still workin fine here in mississauga.
Userlevel 1

or it could be bad reception inside your home only!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm in Toronto and I didn't have any problem. I use the Android phone 🙂

Matb . Only started two days ago and we were outside most of the time.

Are u by the ex grounds?
Userlevel 1

If you can call Koodo Tech Support 1-866-995-6636 X6 from your landline to let them troublehoot Network in your home area, you'll know for sure if it's really tower problem covering your area.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Lizz. If you asked me if I'm by the ex, I'm not. But I'm in Toronto downtown core. 🙂 I was using my phone outside and inside my house(by the window though...) 😃
Same problem in Hamilton, neither the iPhone nor the Android phone is working. balance is still -$5 usually over pay. And how great of them to be closed.
Userlevel 1
Is your phone works elsewhere or just in your home?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have the issue again try manually searching for towers. Go to settings - more settings - mobile networks - network operators & it will search for towers and come up with a list of the networks available and you'll choose koodo. This has made a big difference in my reception of my Galaxy S4 as it was at 1 bar when I first got it and after I did this it went to almost full reception. It might not be the issue but worth a try if it happens again.
I did that and it won't connect.
Userlevel 1
Lizz Andrykew wrote:

I did that and it won't connect.

When back home try Paul suggestion, if no tower found pls. call Koodo Tech Support on the above number to get more accurate feedback.