Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No network connection for sms/mms

I just switched over to Koodo with my Samsung S4 Mini (worked perfectly fine before the switch), now every single time I try to send a text message, my phone says there is "No network available', reloading itself until it becomes available to send. It also means I get delayed texts incoming, no picture messages (no reliable service = no downloads of messages), and my LTE network doesn't want to work either. I am well within the coverage map, and my partner who is also with Koodo gets his service no problem. Off and on doesn't work, and the phone was reset when it was switched over on Sunday (is now late Tuesday - I also couldn't receive any calls all of Monday). It shouldn't take this long to work should it?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
An attempt to fix could be turning on airplane mode than turn it off. Also pull your SIM card out and reboot your phone than re insert it. Hope that helps. I know you said off and on didn't work but removing the SIM and then rebooting can sometimes kick your phone into gear.
Unfortunately that didn't work either. I tried resetting the mobile network operator to Koodo as well, but it keeps connecting and disconnecting if that information helps
Badge +4
You may have to edit or delete an existing APN (Access Point Name) or create a new one, in order to send and receive picture messages. To get to APN settings, go to: Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access point names - tap the APN that is displayed there, (should say Koodo SP). If there's another APN listed other than Koodo, tap the menu soft key on your phone and delete the non-Koodo APN. Some phones will not allow you to edit or delete the APN. In that case, a new APN must be created and set as the default APN.

To verify that the APN settings are correct, compare what you see in your phones' APN settings to Koodo's APN settings below. If editing or creating a new APN, remember to save your settings or click Done. Select the Koodo APN to connect to the Koodo network.

Name: Koodo
APN: sp.koodo.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http:// aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc (no space between http:// aliasredirect)
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank
It didn't have an APN set up at all actually, so I input that info and voila! had to create a new one entirely. Thank you!!!
Badge +4
MandieG wrote:

It didn't have an APN set up at all actually, so I input that info and voila! had to create a new...

You're welcome, Mandie.