Koodo Community

Community

No More Single Core

Userlevel 7
As we all know, Samsung is into making hard core performance flagship devices that we all drool over and clamor for once they are released. These Quad core beasts produce an awesome android experience and are well worth the cash we're willing to shell out for them. Samsung has also produced some of the worst hardware for this day and age. The Galaxy Ace, The Galaxy Ace iix, and other single core devices. Here on the community it's hard to have to tell someone that the phone they got three months ago would be better off as a decoration in a fish tank then as a daily use phone. Now Samsung will be releasing 4 new budget minded devices. Two of which are single core (garbage). I beg Koodo, go for the Galaxy Ace 4 and not the Ace Young or Ace Star. You want your customers to have an awesome experience while on the Koodo network and these single core devices just can't deliver on that promise anymore. Oquatanginwann my brothers.

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Let's hope telus hears this as it seems koodo only gets what they get.
Userlevel 6
Definitely agree!
Badge +4
Agreed and no more devices with less than 8GB of internal memory/storage.
Userlevel 6
Not only that, but when people get these underperforming phones as their first hands-on experience with Android, they will undoubtedly write off the whole platform as garbage, as well as generate many CS calls to ask [i]"Why Koodo, why do you do this to me? Why do you hate me?". Agreed 100% my friend!
Userlevel 5
Hi Chad, While we are always striving to offer the latest and greatest devices, we also want to have a selection of devices in the $150 range that can cater to our Tab S customers who are looking for more affordable phones which sometimes can have lower resolution, smaller screen, etc. That said, we agree with you and will certainly take it into consideration when choosing our next budget friendly phone!
Userlevel 7
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hi Chad, While we are always striving to offer the latest and greatest devices, we also want ...

Seems like it's happened 🙂
Userlevel 5
I have to agree with chad here on this one! when customers come up and ask about the ace 2 x we push them the moto g because its a better phone. People who have single core phone like the ace 2x come back within months or sooner with problems of the phone having so much lag, they send it off for repair and then they are back again with the same problem.
Userlevel 5
HippieLongstocking wrote:

I have to agree with chad here on this one! when customers come up and ask about the ace 2 x we p...

I think that's a big part of the problem, even when sales reps are recommending the Moto G because its better, there are a lot of customers that still opt for the Ace 2X because its a Samsung Galaxy phone. Stop buying the Ace 2X and let it finally creep silently away into the night.
Userlevel 7
I think my point is that these lower end "budget" devices don't really do anything to bolster the users appreciation of android or their opinion of Koodo. Just based on the complaints here, users don't see these problems as a samsung problem. Koodo sold them (or sold them on, or they fell in love with it for some reason) this device which has some flaws. Those flaws are making the experience miserable. And they blame Koodo. For instance : http://gsfn.us/t/4k3xf
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

I think my point is that these lower end "budget" devices don't really do anything to bolster the...

The Galaxy Ace 3 seems to have a lot to go for. Dual core, expandable memory and if we get lucky koodo/telus will pick the dual-SIM version. I have my doubts about the last part. 🙂
I'm surprised that phone companies like Samsung still produce phones with only a single-core. If Motorola can make a dual core smartphone for under 150 dollars, Samsung should be able to do the same or better.
Userlevel 6
Jason Wang wrote:

I'm surprised that phone companies like Samsung still produce phones with only a single-core. If ...

they can, but remember the largest growing segment of mobile user come from 3rd world coutries with far less disposable income, so samsung will try to desing for that and I guess if they already have will try to release it other countries as well.
Jason Wang wrote:

I'm surprised that phone companies like Samsung still produce phones with only a single-core. If ...

That's true. Still, the words "smartphone" and " single core processor" just don't mix well anymore.
I agree. Single cores are becoming more traditional. Apps can't handle a single-only anymore. You would have to run Opera mobile just to explore the web (but you can't run medium to high end apps like Facebook Messenger). My advice is to stay with the dual core (but I highly recommend the quad core processor with at least 1.5 GB of ram).