Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No Data

I'm new to Koodo and it's my first cell phone. Samsung Nexus S, I lost my calling connection and returned to the phone center and the clerk changed the SIM card and the phone works but the data connection does not. I get the message:"Network failure, this application requires a working Data connection." Anything I can do? Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Navigate to Settings / wireless and networking / mobile Tap "access point names" Make sure the koodo.sp APN is selected or add a new one and make sure it contains the following information. APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: Password: Server: MMSC: http ://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MCC : 302 MNC : 220 APN type :
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Navigate to Settings / wireless and networking / mobile Tap "access point names" Make s...

Ahmad had mentioned this on another thread: Have you looked to see if data is blocked on the phone? Settings -> mobile networks -> then depending on your os, make sure either 'packet data' or 'mobile data' is on/enabled (thank you Ahmad)
Chad Burr wrote:

Navigate to Settings / wireless and networking / mobile Tap "access point names" Make s...

Data connection has been restored. Thank you Chad
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You're welcome. Out of curiosity what did you do to make it work?
Data connection has been restored. Thank you Chad
Userlevel 7
So you're new to Koodo and the Nexus S is your first cell phone? Wow. Out of curiosity, where did you obtain one? It's a pretty old device. Koodo hasn't sold that phone for a very long time now. I'd imagine there may be some floating around a few stores somewhere but I'm thinking you got it secondhand?