Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No connection when opening app on Moto G

I show a full internet connection on my Moto G phone but when I open an app (ie Facebook) it tells me I have no connection. Also isn't sending attachments when texting. Anyone having similar problems? I have had the phone less than a week. My Mom has had the phone for a little longer and is having the same problems.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Are you on wifi? Is your wifi down?
I am on Wi-Fi with my laptop so it is up. My phone shows excellent connection to Wi-Fi too.
Userlevel 4
Carole wrote:

I am on Wi-Fi with my laptop so it is up. My phone shows excellent connection to Wi-Fi too.

Turn the Wifi off. Turn the phone off. Turn the phone back on. Turn the Wifi back on. Once you see you are connected, open up the browser and make suer that works. If it does, test other internet related apps.
Carole wrote:

Thanks. Yes that works but I am certainly not wanting to do that each time!! I have had other Androids and not had that problem. Is there a permanent solution? What about the second part of my problem with the text message attachments? Do you have any suggestions for that?
Userlevel 4
Carole wrote:

You can still have wifi on but you also need the mobile data on for attachments in text
Carole wrote:

Oh! I was not aware of that. I don't think I needed data on my last android....I will test that out and see what happens! Thanks!
Carole wrote:

Yes, that seems to work too. Thank you Tyler for your help!
Userlevel 4
Carole wrote:

You're welcome 🙂