Koodo Community

Community

Nice price drop!

Userlevel 6
Well Koodo, I've been whining a lot lately, but now praise time has come. Job well done on the new pricing for the Nexus 4 and the Galaxy S III! $50 drop on the N4 and a MASSIVE $150 drop on the S3. That will sure make a lot of people happy! One more thing to consider: you should align prepaid prices with postpaid prices. There is no reason why a prepaid customer who buys phones outright should pay more than a monthly customer who also chooses to pay outright (not mentioning the Tab in order to avoid comparing oranges to apples). Still, great move Koodo!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nice praise, Topper! Prepaid phones used to cost the same as postpaid phones, but too many people bought one, unlocked it and used it with another provider... so Koodo upped the prices of the phones you buy outright. Shame really but that's the way it is...
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Nice praise, Topper! Prepaid phones used to cost the same as postpaid phones, but too many people...

Yeah, that must be the reason, unfortunately. However, I'd propose a way to achieve that. We know Koodo accepts to unlock phones after 90 good-standing days, so why not use the same formula... let me explain. If you've been on prepaid for 90 days or more, then you have access to the same phone pricing as the monthly customers. With the Tab at $-150 max, it's become affordable enough that it's not a deterrent for people who want to move to another carrier, so monthly customers are not, IMHO, any less likely nowadays to jump ship. TL;DR: Let 90-days-or-older prepaid customers have access to monthly customers' outright prices.
Userlevel 2
Hey Topper, thanks for providing your feedback. We hope everyone takes advantage of the new pricing. If I had the money, I would be picking up a Galaxy S3 myself. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 6
MykeC wrote:

Hey Topper, thanks for providing your feedback. We hope everyone takes advantage of the new prici...

I'm almost tempted to pick up a 2nd one, but then I'd have 2 and wouldn't know what to do with it (currently have an S3, an N4 and a GNex that I use, just sold my NexS). What I should do is just get an S4, but being on prepaid, I wonder if they'd still sell me one (I can't locate the S4 in the prepaid phones section on the website). Cheers!