Koodo Community

Community

Question

Nexus 6 Prepaid no signal anywhere

I just bought a Nexus 6 with a new PrepaidSimCard and I don't get signal anywhere. My account is active and my phone is working perfectly fine so i dont know what to do. I tried turning the phone off, removing the simcard, putting it back in and turning the phone back on again but nothing seems to work. help plz

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try another sim in the phone and try your sim in another phone.  This can help narrow down the problem so we know if it is a phone issue or a sim/account issue
Thank you for the reply. And I've tried 2 different koodo prepaid sim cards and the results are the same. The phone is brand new so i doubt it would be a phone issue. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Imran Draia wrote:

Thank you for the reply. And I've tried 2 different koodo prepaid sim cards and the results are t...

And you have confirmed that all 3 prepaid cards work on other phones?
Imran Draia wrote:

Thank you for the reply. And I've tried 2 different koodo prepaid sim cards and the results are t...

No I'll try that asap. thank you. and it the cards do not work on other phones what should i do then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Imran Draia wrote:

If only 1 of your sims do not work then that 1 sim is broekn and you need a new prepaid sim.  If all of them do not work then I would login in prepaid self serve to make sure your account is active and your sims are correctly registered to your account.  Note that you need to be using prepaid sims as postpaid sims do not work on prepaid.  Also you can activate a sim to 1 phone line.  And sims expire after they have been activated and then dormant for 90 days
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Imran Draia wrote:

Pre-paid SIMS are a one-shot deal. Once cancelled, they can't be re-activated.

If convenient, bring the phone to a Koodo boutique and have them test with one of the store SIMS to validate that the handset is good.
Imran Draia wrote:

the sim card doesnt work on other phones. but its the third one that i buy and none of them worked on my phone... is it maybe my number/account thats messed up? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Imran Draia wrote:

Then it sounds like your sim is not activated.

In self serve, if you go to change phone, is your sim card registered here?
Imran Draia wrote:

yes i went to prepaid selfserve -- phone services -- change sim card and i entered the new sim card code

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Imran Draia wrote:

Did you purchase a baseplan for your account?

Airplane mode is off right?
Imran Draia wrote:

yes i got the $15 base plan for it. and the airplane mode is off
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Imran Draia wrote:

Settings>Mobile network mode.  Make sure it is LTE/WCDMA/GSM.

What city are you in?

Do you get no signal when outside?  have you tried in other locations?
Imran Draia wrote:

I live in Ottawa. I've tried the signal at my apartment, university and at the mall. didnt work in either of them. and my phone is under LTW (recommanded ) 😞
Imran Draia wrote:

when i pick the network automatically, i choose koodo and after 30 sec it says sim card doesn't allow connection to this network