Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 6 Needs to Come to Koodo

Please bring the Nexus 6 to Koodo. My husband and I are holding for the Nexus 6. We currently have the Nexus 4, but we would like to do an upgrade. Instead of upgrading to the Nexus 5, we would much rather get the Nexus 6. I know that Telus, Rogers, and Bell all have it but I would prefer not to leave Koodo. We love the plans that we have with Koodo and would rather not switch carriers. Do you have an approximate time frame as to when the Nexus 6 could become available?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Nobody knows until Koodo announces it. Just keep checking their FB page. I think Motorola struck a deal to keep it on premium carriers for now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always buy it outright, and go to a SIM only plan with a discount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only thing better on the Nexus 6 than the Note 4 (which Koodo does carry) is the audio since the Nexus 6 has front facing stereo speakers, everything else from camera to display to battery life is better on the Note 4 as well as the Note 4 has a replaceable battery and expandable storage through an SD card which are two other advantages the Nexus does not. So you might want to check out the Note 4 if your looking for a phablet and want to stay with koodo and get the phone subsidized as I'd be extremely surprised if Koodo carried the Nexus 6 even though I truly think they should.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

The only thing better on the Nexus 6 than the Note 4 (which Koodo does carry) is the audio since ...

But the Note 4 isn't 'pure' Android, Paul! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

The only thing better on the Nexus 6 than the Note 4 (which Koodo does carry) is the audio since ...

Do what I do and throw Nova Launcher on the Note 4 and you won't even be able to tell it's not stock Android, it actually looks even better than pure Android as you can set up many more animations and everything. I want the Nexus 6 because I love phablets and front firing speakers so much but after hearing about the battery life and not so great display on the Nexus 6 I just couldn't give up my Note 4 to get the Nexus 6 as the Note 4 has the advantage in every aspect other than sound. The Nexus gets updates way faster as well I guess but that's not always a great thing as you could have to deal with bugs like we seen with lollipop that have just been fully ironed out this week which is how many months after lollipop was first released. I'd definitely check out the Note 4 it's as close to the perfect phone we've ever seen and with front firing speakers it would be the perfect phablet IMO.