Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 6?

will koodo bring in the nexus 6 and when would that be? how early did koodo bring in the nexus 5 after it was released?

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Osama, Koodo will announce when they are getting a new phone, I know the Nexus 6 was just announced but it hasn't officially been released to carriers in the US yet either. Keep checking back on the Koodo community or the Facebook page for updates when a new phone is coming. Hope that helps
Userlevel 1
It is currently too soon. Keep an eye out an when the phone is released ask again or make an idea.
I'll repeat the latter question: how early did koodo bring in the nexus 5 after it was released?
Userlevel 7
cowwoc wrote:

I'll repeat the latter question: how early did koodo bring in the nexus 5 after it was released?

I think it was very close to, if not the same time as Google's launch date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cowwoc wrote:

I bought one at Koodo's release. I believe it was 2 days after the Google Play release, but I cannot remember for certain.
cowwoc wrote:

All I know is that videotron, Bell,Rogers and I think that even Virgin has it
cowwoc wrote:

Feb 2014
Userlevel 7
I'm not impressed with the Nexus 6. Okay, the specs are obviously top notch, but the size is too large, the price is far beyond previous Nexus models, and it doesn't have the pedigree or exclusive S Pen enhancements that helps a phablet differentiate itself for productivity and multitasking like the Note line does. The Moto X (2014) is what the Nexus 6 should be and the "real" nexus 6 should have been called the 6 XL or 6 Plus. I bet Apple would have a hayday with the latter...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm not impressed with the Nexus 6. Okay, the specs are obviously top notch, but the size is too ...

Looks like Google is planning to pit the N6 against the iPhone 6+ and the N5 against the iPhone 6 as the N5 will continue to be sold alongside the N6. In previous years, the outgoing Nexus model was immediately discontinued.
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm not impressed with the Nexus 6. Okay, the specs are obviously top notch, but the size is too ...

I agree, totally skipping Nexus 6. I just hope koodo gets the new Moto X by Christmas
Jonathan I wrote:

So, no reply from Koodo? Hey Koodo, would you mind responding to your customer's questions? Isn't that part of th e reason for this community? I am also curious about a nexus 6. It took them forever to get the Nexus 4, I ended up ordering mine through the play store. The 5 was pretty quick.
Jonathan I wrote:

if you are not impressed by the nexus 6 then you shouldn't be impressed by any phones. they are all flat screens and are all fast enough to run andriod/ios and any app smoothly. 1440p/1080p you can barely tell the difference 3" from your face. I don't see any new phones being impressive just by specs anymore, they really have to change it up again to be impressive anymore.
Jonathan I wrote:

Unfortunately you not liking the size of the phone is a preference and has no bearing on what we like. I'm interested in trying a larger phone, a number of my friends tried them and ended up loving them. As for S Pen enhancements, I couldn't care less.
this is going to be my next phone hands down. i was going to go for the one plus one, but there invite system put me off. Nexus phones in my opinion are the best phones to ever hit the market. The price is right, the specs are top notch, googles stock andriod os is amazing, and the new design looks gorgeous.
I just wish Google would have stayed with LG I really like the Nexus 5 and price point was awesome. I particularly like that I can actually hear music from the speakers quite loud for phone speakers. Build quality was nice too.
Jackie Butcher wrote:

I just wish Google would have stayed with LG I really like the Nexus 5 and price point was awesom...

Kinda weird because LG is known for low sound from both the headphone jack and speakers compared to other brands.
Userlevel 5
Im actually with Jonathan, I have loved the Nexus devices for the past couple generations. But with the Nexus 6, I feel like its coming into a battle unprepared. The Nexus' did great because they were a phone that fought the big companies (Samsung, Apple) with great specs, and low prices. Now its going up against a Note 4, which has some nice features the Nexus doesn't, for nearly the same price. The Nexus 6 will probably sell well with the Nexus fans, but I doubt it will be seeing any sales shift over from the Note or 6 Plus. Specs tend not to sell phones any more, Brands do.
Userlevel 5
We are just spoiled by the subsided pricing for the last 3-4 years (Google paid about $100 dollars per phone I believe?)
Userlevel 5
Du wrote:

We are just spoiled by the subsided pricing for the last 3-4 years (Google paid about $100 dollar...

The problem is that I don't see Motorola changing the way people think with this phone. A lot of customers barely remember who Motorola is, let alone would buy a $750 (or whatever the official price winds up as) phone like this from them. I see most people passing on the Nexus 6 and picking up a Note 4 if they are looking for a phone that size with those specs. Hell, the Note 4 has a better camera and expandable memory, along with other little features that makes the form factor nicer to use. As I said, I really like the Nexus phones, including the 6, I just don't think its going to do a lot to steal customers from the Note or iPhone 6 plus.
Userlevel 5
Du wrote:

We are just spoiled by the subsided pricing for the last 3-4 years (Google paid about $100 dollar...

Its true, I don't think Nexus 6 will take sales from Note 4, its got stock android, quick updates, vs Note 4 (S Pen and Expandable storage)
Userlevel 5
Du wrote:

But that's the problem, its jumping into the phablet market, which is dominated by the Note and Iphone 6 Plus. But it isn't really set up to take sales from either of those devices.
Nexus 6 is now available from the Play store, T-Mobile and AT&T in the US. I'm down here now and somewhat tempted to buy one. It's an awesome phone.
I really stuck between Nexus 6 and Note 4. I always used Nexus phones but I have $150 on my tab to spend.
But how much will it be on the Tab M? I believe it is ridiculous that these phones cost the same as laptops! The prices nowhere NEAR reflect the cost to make the phones and it is upsetting to me that theyre making a massive profit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jennifer Tewnion wrote:

But how much will it be on the Tab M? I believe it is ridiculous that these phones cost the same ...

Tab M is $300 off the outright price. If Koodo was to release it at $750, then it would be $450 out of pocket, plus $5/month extra on your bill for 24 months. As far as the phone pricing goes, the prices are inflated due to everyone wanting a "free phone" from the carriers. Once (or rather, if) people massively start buying their own phones, then the prices would drop dramatically.