Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5X

Will Koodo be getting in any Nexus 5X's? If so, when?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd say never. They're about to be a year old and Koodo never carried them before. Koodo opted for the 6p to carry. You'd be best off grabbing one on sale from Google directly.
Userlevel 4
actually Koodo did have them a while back. I was tempted to get one but it was overpriced. I doubt koodo will sell them again since  they are an older model. looks like you can still order one from the google store though

https://store.google.com/product/nexus_5x

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the correction. That's the issue with getting nexus devices from Carriers, even with Google jacking up the price of the nexus line nowadays: they're usually noticeably overpriced from the Google store price tag. The 6P was less of a difference than most nexus devices on launch though. So it's not usually worth it to get a nexus device from a carrier as a result.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just hold up and see what the new Nexus devices bring as they should be announced very soon. If your set on a Nexus 5x which really isn't a great device and probably the worst Nexus in years or possibly ever then check out Kijiji or Craigslist and I'm sure you can find one for a very reasonable price.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just hold up and see what the new Nexus devices bring as they should be announced very soon. If y...

I like the Nexus devices for pure Android. Samsung, HTC, etc all fill the OS with bloatware. I also like that it's designed to be unlocked and doesn't void my warranty when I do so. Google even has software to do it, instead of relying on 3rd party software. I loved my 5.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just hold up and see what the new Nexus devices bring as they should be announced very soon. If y...

I didn't like the 5X. It was rather laggy for a device with those kind of specs. Its replacement should be out soon and should be much better.

Userlevel 6

I was also considering the Nexus 5X but might hold off for a bit. What do you think of the Moto G4/G4 Plus? 
Userlevel 3

I would recommend the oneplus 3, it is worth every extra penny over the 5x
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's a good phone, but overpriced for what it is, the G4 Plus. But the pricing is "normal" in Canada unfortunately. It's 288 on tab small in Quebec, which I'd say is a good price for it. For 360 on tab medium it's...ok. If you can I'd say spend the extra for a Oneplus 3 or ZTE Axon 7. If you want to grab a phone from Koodo, Ray, I'd say either the G4 Plus or Lg G4 would be the best bets in the 360 range. There's also the upper end of the Blu line which is alright, and the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro international edition is just amazing for its price tag of 240 CAD via geekbuying.com or pick another site so long as it's the international edition with the expanded LTE bands. It'll work on 3G but why get a 3G only phone if you don't have to?
Userlevel 6

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm on prepaid so I will probably buy elsewhere when the time comes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'd look to what Google will offer as a replacement to the 5X. Otherwise, some fantastic choices are the pricier 6P (had that one as well and it was head and shoulders above the 5X, even if the specs don't seem that much better).

The OnePlus X is a fantastic phone I've used. It's been discontinued, but can still be bought online through various sources. The OnePlus 2 is another fantastic choice. So is the Nextbit Robin (my current daily driver). All of these phones are quite reasonably priced.

And then there's the new premium line of ASUS Zenphones coming soon.