Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5x

Dear koodo, I've been a customer since the day nexus 4 came out and I love you guys but my phone is on its last legs and I want to replace it with the nexus 5x. Im really hoping you'll start carrying it soon so I can give you my business when I buy it but so far you haven't brought it in yet. I know two other Canadian carriers have it but I want to buy it with you. Please tell me it's coming soon.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Keep an eye out for it on the website
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wait until after Christmas before you go to another carrier, there are some new devices coming and with many ppl asking for the newest Nexus devices they may just be one or two of those new offerings.
fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CB wrote:

Is this soon enough

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/nexus-5x
CB wrote:

considering I looked online this morning and it wasn't there yet and now it is... I'm going to say that's pretty good. Thanks! I'll get right on it.
So I checked it out but even with my full tab accumulated it's more expensive to buy it through koodo than to get it online from the play store. How does that work? 
Userlevel 6
CB wrote:

So I checked it out but even with my full tab accumulated it's more expensive to buy it through k...

Pretty sure Google store displays in american prices.
500 american is 684 canadian
Koodo price for 5x is 654
Userlevel 5
CB wrote:

So I checked it out but even with my full tab accumulated it's more expensive to buy it through k...

I'd wait a couple weeks to see if Koodo puts an activation credit on the Price.
They usually do at some point.
CB wrote:

"activation credit" not entirely sure what that means but I did wonder if perhaps I should be waiting for boxing day or something
Userlevel 5
CB wrote:

Activation Credit is a discount on the price of the Phone if the device is activated on a Koodo phone #.
CB wrote:

Gotcha! Thanks
CB wrote:

I put it on CDN currency to be sure
Userlevel 5
CB wrote:

I just checked online with Google chat to check if the price of the Nexus 5X 16gb is actually $499 CAD .  The agent checked and said that is the correct price for Canada.  Seems wrong so I don't know , weird.

Has anybody ever ordered a Nexus device from Google store in Canada that might know?
CB wrote:

Yes exactly. I also verified my currency and with taxes it still only came to $558.88 so I could even get a case etc. for less than I could through Koodo. 
Userlevel 5
CB wrote:

Wow,  thats a great price.  And apparently shipping is free 🙂

Userlevel 5
CB wrote:

The Google agent I was talking to said that the Nexus 5X is only $379 in the US.

Userlevel 6
CB wrote:

Bell has it for 580 idk.
Just buy it from google seems the best route
Userlevel 5
CB wrote:

Before you do !!! 
You may want to look at the Moto X play.
Better specs all the way around and less expensive .
Userlevel 7
CB wrote:

Not really. The 5X has a much better processor, arguably better camera, fingerprint scanner, more manageable size, and will get updates faster than the now Lenovo owned Motorola. Actually, now that I analyze it more, really the only thing the X Play has better than the 5X is the battery size.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CB wrote:

I agree with Jonathan, while I love my Moto X Play the processor is definitely not the greatest and the 808 in the 5x is a huge upgrade there. The display may be better on the Moto X Play to go along with battery life as its the best 1080p display I've ever used and I've heard the 5x display isn't anything special although I haven't used one personally.
Userlevel 2
CB wrote:

Or go with a Lumia 950. Way better specs than the 5x and the price is almost identical to what koodo wants for a 5x.(648 on Amazon or 674 for the XL version international unlocked) 5.2" QuadHD screen, card slot, more RAM, same CPU, camera almost twice as good double the storage. Companies are trying to get a bigger chunk of the market so some will give a much better price to achieve this. Always good to shop around and not stay blindly loyal to one brand.
Userlevel 7
CB wrote:

The 950/XL is a great option. But it's Windows Phone. The high end specs can't be put to as good of a use as you can with iOS/Android. There are still a bunch of apps not available on the platform and many of the apps that are available are far behind in development/features vs. their counterparts. Windows Phone has some cool tricks up its sleeve with live tiles on the start screen and lock screen, a good voice assistant Cortana, free offline GPS navigation, good email system, Lumias generally have great cameras, etc. but the ecosystem is still lacking. I'm hoping Windows Mobile 10 significantly improves the ecosystem to make it a more viable choice for consumers.
Userlevel 1
CB wrote:

The pricing Koodo has listed for the Nexus 5x is outrageous! Considering you can order it unlocked from the Canadian Google Play store for $499 (for same 16 GB model as Koodo is selling) and $559 for the 32 GB model (which Koodo isn't offering) why would you pay Koodo $654 for the 16 GB model of this phone? Koodo is this an error??
Userlevel 5
CB wrote:

Both Telus and Koodo have the Nexus 5X overpriced 😞
Userlevel 1
CB wrote:

It's weird since Koodo's pricing for the Nexus 6P is similar to what Google is charging.