Koodo Community

Community

Solved

nexus 5 vs samsung s4

Hello cellphone users 🙂 I want to know from people who own these devices. Which would you suggest, samsung s4 or the nexus 5? - Important to me a battery life, the phone not freezing, and call quality!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Here's a side by side comparison of the specs at least: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Nexus-5,Samsung-Galaxy-S4/phones/8148,7597 They are both good phones imo.
Nexus 5
Userlevel 6
I'd go with the Nexus 5, based on the faster processor. Everything else is pretty similar, and they are both nice phones.
Userlevel 1
Nexus 5 in my honest opinion. Not only can you get it for a better price (outright and on tab) but the phone will be constantly updated for some time, and they will be quick updates. Samsung has a reputation of taking a long time of updating their aging devices. Their is no bloatware in a Nexus device compared to a Samsung device. Camera and battery are most likely better on the s4 though. Freezing over time? Nexus will win that round. It will stay fast for much longer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Both are excellent devices but you said battery life is important to you so I'd have to say definitely don't get the Nexus 5 unless youddon't use the phone much or don't mind carrying around a power pack to charge it up. This is from experience owning both of these devices so if you have any further questions feel free to ask.