Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5 Question About Unlocking it

Got Nexus 5 , 0$ , At Walmart with.gift card . Set up too pay 35$ per month with koodo. I can unlock this phone , sell it too my friend ? And do I still pay the 35$ monthly ? And she can lock onto a new company ? What would it be worth unlocked in excellent condition ?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
The Nexus 5 is unlocked already. You will still pay the $35/month until you cancel in which you will also pay the Tab.
What is the tab? so , if i remove the sim card I can sell the phone and they wont have my koodo account and koodo will ONLY charge the 35$
Userlevel 5
No the tab is the price of the phone. It is roughly $350 that's the reason the phone is $0 because the full retail gets put on the Tab. To activate a phone like that and cancel you'll pay $35+Tab. Which will end up being almost $400 You'll be lucky to get $350 for that phone on resale.
Justin Robichaud wrote:

No the tab is the price of the phone. It is roughly $350 that's the reason the phone is $0 becaus...

so if it's unlocked , i pop out the sim card then i can just sell the phone for 300$ ? without it being connected too my koodo account , and i will just have too pay the 35$ per month anyway , no other charges ?
Userlevel 5
Justin Robichaud wrote:

No the tab is the price of the phone. It is roughly $350 that's the reason the phone is $0 becaus...

You will either pay $35/month for 24 months until the Tab is paid off or cancel and pay the Tab off. Which will be about $350-$400 after taxes. There is no profit to be made doing what your trying to do.
Userlevel 7
Justin Robichaud wrote:

Yup + the monthly tab charge if you're on tab M.
Justin Robichaud wrote:

Thanks , I know. I just no longer want a phone .
Userlevel 5
Justin Robichaud wrote:

You can call Koodo as well to find out how much the cancellation charges will be. To give you a better idea of how much it's going to cost you.
Justin Robichaud wrote:

what if i dont wanna cancel it but just wanna sell the phone ? thats all i wanna do . and ill just keep paying 35$ per month till its paid off .