Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5 Purchace Inquiry

Hi there, I am looking to buy a nexus 5. If I do buy this phone from your company for the full $350, will it come unlocked and will it have your apps pre-installed?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Nexus devices always come unlocked from the factory. If there is any installed apps from Koodo present on the N5 it would only be theSSelf Serve App which you'll want to download anyways so it's not an issue IMO. that said I'm not sure if even that is installed on the N5 there is probably not even that. Keep in mind that you must be a koodoccustomer to purchase a device from Koodo.
But i was thinking if i can switch from chatr to koodo and what kind of steps should i do first thing?
But i was thinking if i can switch from chatr to koodo and what kind of steps should i do first thing?
I was just thinking if i can switch from chatr to koodo and what kind of steps should i do for the first thing?
Userlevel 5
Helen Halbych wrote:

I was just thinking if i can switch from chatr to koodo and what kind of steps should i do for th...

To switch from chatr to Koodo, make sure the phone is compatible on Koodo's network. Then you will have to unlock the device so it can work with Koodo unless it is already unlocked. Then bring it to Koodo and set up an account, and you should be good.
Userlevel 7
Helen Halbych wrote:

I was just thinking if i can switch from chatr to koodo and what kind of steps should i do for th...

Remember to keep your chatr account open when you make the switch to koodo if you want to port your number over.