Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5 NO SERVICE

My Nexus 5 just recently lost service. Yesterday it worked fine, and I usually have full signal. But today I have no signal at all. I can receive WI-FI though. I've tried rebooting, AirPlane mode Off/On, Settings>Network,Mobile networks, and tried to connect to Koodo but it says "Cannot connect to network." I can see my IMEI but my APN list is gone. What could be a the problem? Please Help.

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Be sure your network settings aren't set to: "Use 2g only" or "use gsm only"
Chad Burr wrote:

I did. It's on the setting it came with when it worked ( LTE recommended ).
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

maybe try resetting network settings, Also are you in a basement or anywhere with thick concrete walls?
Chad Burr wrote:

Nope, I'm upstairs in my living room. I usually get Full signal here.
Chad Burr wrote:

Can someone please help??
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

This is not an instant community. The majority of us have other things to do as well such as work and family. If you want instant help, call Koodo at 1-866-995-6636 option 6 for technical support.
Chad Burr wrote:

Or 611
I have the exact same issue. Nexus 5 lost all connectivity overnight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know if this is the same issue your having but I kept losing connection on my Nexus 5 & couldn't figure out what the issue was as well. I went out and bought a new SIM Card and haven't had the issue since. Something to try perhaps.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I don't know if this is the same issue your having but I kept losing connection on my Nexus 5 & c...

Thanks, Paul. It's not really that I'm losing connection as there's no connection whatsoever, wherever I go. I spoke to Koodo support and they had me jump through the hoops of checking my settings, to no avail. Not that I'd changed them anyway. Their tech support is supposed to be calling me back although that's impossible as my phone doesn't work so I guess I'll have to keep calling them and see. A new SIM is a distinct possibility to rule it out.
My issue is now fixed. Turns out my SIM card was totally dead. It wouldn't work in another Koodo phone so I was issued a new one, free of charge. All works perfectly again. Thanks to everyone for their input.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
timfletcher1979 wrote:

My issue is now fixed. Turns out my SIM card was totally dead. It wouldn't work in another Koodo ...

I knew it 😉 Glad to hear you got it fixed man
timfletcher1979 wrote:

My issue is now fixed. Turns out my SIM card was totally dead. It wouldn't work in another Koodo ...

Awesome to hear!
I am still having issues. I have four nexus 5. All bought at the same time frame. Last weekend my wife's phone's radio just randomly died. it had "No Service". We swapped simcards, still didn't work. SIM card was fine. The simcard from the dead phone, worked on another phone. I factory resetted the phone. Rooted the phone, to reload the Modem image, nothing happened. But I then went and sold my phone of on Kijiji and bought a new one. This Week again, my phone died (2nd phone). Same thing. No cell network, No Service. You cant connect to the Koodo Network even if you find it on the network list manually. Koodo said it is an hardware issue with the Nexus 5. Now I am just waiting for my other 2 phones to die. All the phones were bought on December 16th.
Userlevel 7
Fayaz Kadir wrote:

I am still having issues. I have four nexus 5. All bought at the same time frame. Last weekend...

It's possible that the phone you bought on Kijiji was blacklisted. There's a delay between when it's reported lost/stolen and when the switch occurs.
Fayaz Kadir wrote:

I am still having issues. I have four nexus 5. All bought at the same time frame. Last weekend...

Oh. So when someone buys a phone on contract and then sells the phone tonmake quick buck from you and then tells the carrier that he lost his phone. you don't know until you get scammed. What a crap system Canada has gotten into. Forci ng people to buy phones $150 from koodo/telus. more than what you can buy from Google. Lobbyists are destroying the nation in the name of profit.
Fayaz Kadir wrote:

BTW, I checked. The on the international database. The phone wasn't declared stolen, but on koodo's database it was. They told me that the cell was from Virgin originally who locked the phone. But Virgin said that phone is not on their blacklist database. WOW. 3 hours of my life wasted on phone with tech service, who can't get my phone to work which I bought legitimately. I don't know where the original person bought it from. In fact, the phone was in box, and unopened, all tapes intact. Now I am just forced to go to koodo and get a cell. Everyone tries to hurt the ordinary human being, but the people who steals ( the thief, and the thief with a cop's mask) keeps raking in the money.
Userlevel 7
Fayaz Kadir wrote:

That's really unfortunate, man. I'm sorry to hear that. The good news is we've figured out the issue and now you can get a new device from Koodo or... Buy it from Google? There's nothing stopping you from doing that.
Userlevel 7
Userlevel 7
Userlevel 7
Userlevel 7
Badge +4