Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5 malfunctioning --help please

Nexus 5 sound gave out. I have had my nexus 5 for around 6 months now and paid a good chunk for it when i first got it (ran my tab to 300 dollars) and after i paid it off 2 days ago the sound has completely died. I have tried turning off the phone restarting it, and making sure the volume is turned up completely. Any incoming calls end up with me not being able to hear the other person, game sounds do not work and when i make a call to another person i dont hear their phone ring, but the they are getting my call. Seems like the speaker just tapped out on this phone or the sound card /sound array. Any tips or advice anyone can offer would be of great help right now, since this is a really bad time for me for this to happen as I am job hunting. Everything else works fine on the phone

4 replies

Userlevel 7
You can send the unit out for warranty repair at a Koodo shop. Make sure you backup any important any information first, as it will be factory reset when LG/Google attempt to service it. It could take a week or 2 to come back. A loaner can be provided if they're available at a particular location.
Jonathan I wrote:

You can send the unit out for warranty repair at a Koodo shop. Make sure you backup any important...

Ok thanks Jonathan, i will take it into the booth where i got it from and hope to God they help me out, dire need of sound right now especially with recruiters or future employers calling me.
Userlevel 6
Damn.....i would recommend bringing it to a koodo store so they can send it in for repair...is there any physical damage on the phone?
Mathieu Carrier wrote:

Damn.....i would recommend bringing it to a koodo store so they can send it in for repair...is th...

Hi Mathieu, The phone has not been subject to any physical abuse (dropped, sat on, or water on it or any other kind of electronics stress testing activities lol). I do remember that i got an update a couple of day ago to 5.1.1 and after that it has been down hill with this sound issue. Everything else on the phone works fine, the phone sits in a protective case and also has a screen protector