Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5 incoming to koodo!

Userlevel 3
The Google Nexus 5 is coming to Koodo! Google Nexus 5 is coming to Koodo! Check out the first Smartphone to run on Android™️ 4.4, KitKat®️ Stay tuned to find out when and how much.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kind of a duplicate post dude http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/koodo_news_google_nexus_5_is_coming
Userlevel 2
November 8th $399 16gb black
Userlevel 4
PD wrote:

Google Play maybe, there has been nothing posted internally or externally with Koodo on the cost of the Nexus 5
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PD wrote:

Would be nice to see the white one. I think that the black one is too bland.
Userlevel 7
PD wrote:

I would love to buy the white one once I sell the G2 I won in a contest (I already have one so it's useless having a second one).
Userlevel 4
PD wrote:

Of course this would happen a couple days after I placed my Nexus 4 order. Oh well, I was never up to date with technology so why would this be any different hahaha
Userlevel 2
PD wrote:

I've been told that the white backing feels cheap, while the black one feels much much better.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PD wrote:

Exactly what Myke said the white model is a matte plastic with polished plastic sides while the black has a soft touch rubber on the back and sides which looks and feel much more premium like the Nexus 7 2013, it also won't show fingerprints as easily. Blacks the way to go
Will Koodo offer the 32GB version?
Userlevel 4
Frank wrote:

Probably not but keep your eyes peeled.
Userlevel 2
Frank wrote:

Koodo has never offered anything higher than 16gb, so I wouldn't expect it.
Frank wrote:

That's too bad as the Nexus 5 doesn't have a microsd slot so you're stuck with the built in memory. So that's 16GB minus the space the operating system takes, so that's not much room especially if you have a lot of apps and music like I do. I probably won't be getting my phone from Koodo then 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank wrote:

Honestly, the best deal will always be straight from Google. I really doubt that carriers will be offering the 32 GB version.
Userlevel 4
Frank wrote:

On the upside, if you get it elseware, bring it on over to Koodo and as long as you do not have a negative tab, get teh 10% off your bill each month
Frank wrote:

I have a positive tab with Koodo and I was going to use it for the Nexus 5 32GB. Koodo customer service also said I'll lose the positive tab when I switch to the BYOD 10%. It's better than nothing I guess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank wrote:

I didnt think you would lose the positive tab. It's just that it wouldnt grow anymore right?
Userlevel 4
Frank wrote:

You won't lose the positive tab. it will just be frozen.
Frank wrote:

The Koodo customer service rep I spoke to said I'll lose the positive tab if I switched to the 10% BYOD discount. I asked her twice to confirm.
Userlevel 4
Frank wrote:

Well she is wrong. I work in tech support and I also handle regular customer service calls. Been doing so for the last two years at the least. With that as a bit of background, I will confidently tell you that your positive tab will not go anywhere. It will be frozen on the amount you already have. You will not be able to get tab contributions each month or any tab rewards for referring people. Once you decide to remove the BYOD, your tab will continue from the amount it was frozen at. I would quote the help files but due to obvious reasons of confidentiality, I cannot.
Userlevel 2
Frank wrote:

Confirming Tyler's post is fact. The positive tab balance is not lost when taking the No Tab discount. It simply is frozen, ntohing more.
Userlevel 4
Frank wrote:

If there is any doubt to what I said. Feel free to call Koodo and tell them to look at the help files for the conditions of the discount. I don't usually guarantee anything but this....100000% guarantee it will state something along the lines of the current tab amount being frozen. I am being adamant for two reasons. I would like you to stay with Koodo (obviously lol) AND it would be pretty shiny if you posted your experience using the Nexus 5 🙂
Frank wrote:

Thanks Tyler/Myke! That's great news
Frank wrote:

Called customer service and got the 10% discount and still kept my positive tab balance. Thanks guys!
Frank wrote:

P.S. They have new stock of the Nexus 5 on Google Play now. I ordered the black 32GB one and it said they'll ship it out in 3-4 weeks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank wrote:

It's now up to 4-5 weeks in the PlayStore for all models