Koodo Community

Community

Solved

nexus 5 can't find text massage icon any where in phone

please some body tell me how to send a text massage from nexus 5.i cant find any thing in phone that i can send a text massage . thanks for your help

8 replies

Userlevel 1
The icon is either going to be a speech bubble with quotation marks in it, that is the Hangouts app which is the default app now for KitKat, or its an icon that looks like an envelope with the word messaging under it. Hope this help you find the texting app. Another thing to do is call and ask someone you know to send you a text and then pull down the notification bar and click on the notification for the text message and that will open the app for you so you can at least see what it's called.
Badge +4
Here's a little more info on Hangouts and how to use it - see video. https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3480960?hl=en
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I personally hate the text messaging being incorporated into the Hangouts app and have downloaded a 3rd party app to handle my text messaging, there are a bunch of apps you can download from the PlayStore to give you a separate app like it use to be but here's the one I'm using which I've also installed on my tablet and can send and receive texts right on my tablet as well as my phonehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.sms Some other good ones are Go SMS & Sliding Message
Userlevel 7
Wait guys, I found the issue! The OP was looking for a text m/a/ssage, not a m/e/ssage. No wonder Sam couldn't find it! As far as I know, there's no massage apps on the Play Store. Although there should be...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Wait guys, I found the issue! The OP was looking for a text m/a/ssage, not a m/e/ssage. No won...

Actually there are massage apps in the PlayStore, even some advertised to massage ones naughty bits lol. They utilize the vibration feature of your phone.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Wait guys, I found the issue! The OP was looking for a text m/a/ssage, not a m/e/ssage. No won...

You would, Paul... Lol
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Actually, the Nexus 5 does have a m/a/ssage app on it already, it's called 'Tap and Pay'. 🙂 It's in the 'Settings' section of the phone. Just don't do it too much, or you'll be broke in no time!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Would text massage be similar to ego stroking?