Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 5 battery life

I bought nexus 5 just 3 days back, and I am not at all happy with the battery life. Even though I didn't talk, text or used the phone more than 30 minutes, the battery doesn't last for even a day! My 3.5 year old galaxy nexus has a better battery life than this. Is it possible to exchange the phone?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Yep you sure can. It has to go back where you got it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have 15 days to exchange the phone so if you only got it 3 days ago then yes you can gladly exchange it for a different model. Keep in mind that the next phone you get will be 15 days less the time you had the first phone if your not happy with that one either, so 12 days you can exchange, it doesn't start another 15 day exchange period with the new phone.
Userlevel 1
You might be able to extend the battery life depending on what you do with the phone. location, Wifi full brightness will kill your battery in no time
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Todd wrote:

You might be able to extend the battery life depending on what you do with the phone. location, ...

I've had the N5 and it does indeed have pretty bad battery life nomatter what you do though, but yeah those will help for sure.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Todd wrote:

You might be able to extend the battery life depending on what you do with the phone. location, ...

I think all depends on the user... I still use a N5, still very happy with it, Yes, at the beginning battery used to last sometimes the whole day and now I have to charge it twice a day, but I guess at the end every battery will do the same...

At least you are within the Money Back Guarantee to exchange it for another model... 
Userlevel 7
I think you'll find the G3 a better phone overall than the N5, and they're at similar prices. I recommend that model over the N5 considering they're closer in price than say, an S6 or Note 4.
Jonathan I wrote:

I think you'll find the G3 a better phone overall than the N5, and they're at similar prices. I r...

Thanks..will try that
Userlevel 7
Have you performed any updates on the phone since you got it?
Mathieu wrote:

its been updating the operating system continuously..I thinks its 5.1 now...
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Okay, once you are at the latest version give it a factory reset. Often during updates there are minor kinks that are sorted out by a factory reset. Those kinks will cause a greater usage of battery and you will notice that the battery will most likely improve after doing that
Mathieu wrote:

did that..let's see what happens today..if the condition doesn't improve..i will exchange it
its been updating the operating system continuously..I thinks its 5.1 now...