Koodo Community

Community

Solved

nexus 5.0.1 update PROBLEMS help pls

I own a Nexus 4. I updated to 5.0.1 2 days ago. Issues came out immidiately. I can't send sms, Apps don't open or function properly (gmail, games, vlc...), playstore does not even open, apps suddenly shutdown. I use my phone for business and communication and I can't do none of that. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this or even go back to kitkat? please help me.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Keera Sorry to hear this happened. How long have you had the phone for ?
Badge +4
A factory reset may clear up some of the issues you're having with the device. Go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset - reset device. This will wipe everything from your device and return it to a factory default 'first bought' state. Backup anything you want to keep. Downgrading to KitKat is a fairly involved process. To write all the steps needed could take a couple of pages. So instead, I've found a video that best describes this procedure. You can find all of the tools the author of the video uses in the description below his video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxkTG1--BVQ Unlocking the phones' bootloader will void your warranty, though it is possible to re-lock the bootloader. The procedure above will wipe the contents of your device, backup anything you want to keep. One area that wasn't mentioned was how to obtain the platform-tools library which contains the adb and fastboot protocols necessary to communicate with your device from the command line. You have the option of either getting the full blown Android Studio SDK, or you can download a stand-alone Android SDK Tools version. Both versions include the platform-tools library. From the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page and select whether to download Android Studio or the stand-alone Android SDK Tool kit. http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html Nexus Factory Images: see Nexus 4 (choose any KitKat version from 4.4 to 4.4.4) https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Please let us know if a factory reset solved your issues Keera, thanks.
I've done a factory reset after backing everything up. It seems that i get send text messages again. Hopefully it doesnt get worse as time passes. Thank you everyone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Keera O'Hanlon wrote:

I've done a factory reset after backing everything up. It seems that i get send text messages aga...

Thank you very much for responding back after you preformed the suggested reset I really appreciate it and am glad it solved your issue. If you have any further issues please let us know, thanks Keera have a wonderful day.
Keera O'Hanlon wrote:

I've done a factory reset after backing everything up. It seems that i get send text messages aga...

I dont have the same problem as the lady above. I have access to everything and can make calls and such but my phone does randomly shut down when its fully charged and it's fully charged every time it happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Keera O'Hanlon wrote:

Have you updated to 5.0.2 Tammi? If so then a factory reset should solve your issue.
Keera O'Hanlon wrote:

I haven't updated to 5.0.2 but where can I find it?