Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 4 unable to send MMS

Just picked up my v3 micro sim from koodo for my new Nexus 4. Data is working fine on both HSPA and LTE however I cannot send mms Even when at home on wifi it wont turn on data to send it. This happened before on my Nexus S a year back but it fixed it self. I tripped checked the APN settings and all is good so not sure why it wont send. I am using SMS Go but I have also tried it on the stock msg app. Just a note Speedtest.net always has a connection error on data but wifi is fine. Not sure if this is linked in anyway.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The connection error is due to the proxy settings. Delete the proxy address from your APN and Speedtest should work for your mobile data connection. I don't think that this is linked to your MMS problem.
Ivan wrote:

The connection error is due to the proxy settings. Delete the proxy address from your APN and Spe...

Tried that and it just kills data all together
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

The connection error is due to the proxy settings. Delete the proxy address from your APN and Spe...

You only deleted the proxy field, right? Nothing else? This worked on my Galaxy Nexus when my Speedtest app wasn't working.
Ivan wrote:

Thats correct.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

That's strange. I'm not the only person on these boards that got the app to work by deleting the proxy information: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/so_what_does_the_apn_proxy_do
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

And regarding MMS, looks like you have the bases covered. The only other thing to do is to perform a factory reset. I've seen that successfully resolve MMS issues. If that fails, it could be a bug in the current N4 ROM. If you have a friend on another network, try using their SIM and APN settings to send an MMS. If the issue persists, then it's clearly a bug somewhere in the OS in which case you can't really do anything but report it to Google and hope for a patch soon.
Ivan wrote:

Okay now it works forgot to get rid of port as well. Thanks, but MMS problem is my real issue and anyone has ideas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

I encourage you to check if MMS works on a different carrier (using a SIM from a friend or a relative) to see if the issue you have is carrier-specific.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you using the stock messaging app, or are you trying to use a 3rd party messaging app you downloaded like Go SMS?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Are you using the stock messaging app, or are you trying to use a 3rd party messaging app you dow...

He's already stated that the problem persists on both stock and Go SMS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you using the stock messaging app, or are you trying to use a 3rd party messaging app you dow...

oh sorry, I know there was another person with this issue and it wouldn't work with Go SMS but it would work fine with the stock messaging app. Have you tried un installing the Go SMS messaging app & trying the stock one again & making sure your Koodo data connection is indeed on? Do all that then while the device is on donation battery & SIM Card pull for a minute or so, them replace them & try the stock messaging app again.

well it seems to work fine now on the stock app but Go is what I use so this is annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From what I heard the Go SMS app doesn't support Android 4.2 yet, so that is your issue