Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 4 repair vs brand new nexus 5

Userlevel 1
So I wanted to get the opinion from you guys about my delima because I just can't decide. So as many of you know I originally owned a Ace 2x (Horrible phone) and I upgraded to the nexus 4. A couple months ago I dropped my nexus 4 and..... It cracked not bad a hairline that can be barley seen when the phone is on. Any who the cheapest repair for the phone is about 120 or 180 so I believe I can sell the phone for 180 and just upgrade to the Nexus 5. I'm here to ask you guys. Is it worth it to get it fixed or should I just upgrade?

11 replies

Userlevel 5
best path is upgrade....think of it this way,if you repair it you won't able to sell it for 300 bucks , so you lose money off the top.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's barely visbile, why don't you keep it? It's not like the phone isn't functional anymore.
Userlevel 1
Robert wrote:

If it's barely visbile, why don't you keep it? It's not like the phone isn't functional anymore.

No I am going to keep it. But after the point when it gets damaged. to the point of not working. Should I get it fixed? Or upgrade?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Upgrade for sure!
Userlevel 5
In my opinion, upgrade. You can always keep the Nexus 4 as a backup phone or sell it like you've been thinking. But by the sounds of it, you aren't 100% for keeping it. Remember that Koodo is all about finding you your dream phone. If you're not happy with your device, then they aren't either. And with the sale on right now, the Nexus 5 is $0 on TAB Medium. Bangorang if you ask me. ** Note: if you don't know what "bangorang means" go watch the movie Hook. Amazing.
Userlevel 1
Not Jeff wrote:

In my opinion, upgrade. You can always keep the Nexus 4 as a backup phone or sell it like you'...

Hahahaha. Yea I am swaying to the upgrade and it would even be better in my opinion If I could get it certified pre-owned. Cheaper and just as good
Userlevel 5
Not Jeff wrote:

In my opinion, upgrade. You can always keep the Nexus 4 as a backup phone or sell it like you'...

That would be cool. But I ALWAYS go brand new. I just feel more comfortable with electronics when they're new. Warranty is perfect, condition is perfect, and you sometimes get little bonus' too!
Userlevel 1
Not Jeff wrote:

Yea. I like that too. It's nice getting new.
Don't forget that the Nexus 5 has LTE which adds a nice speed boost.
Userlevel 1
Not a data user. So doesn't bother me
Userlevel 7
In my opinion I'd do what Not Jeff said. Keep the Nexus 4 as a backup phone, and if you don't have a tab remaining you can upgrade and pay nothing out of pocket. The Nexus 5 is a great upgrade considering the hardware, it's still considered a flagship killer by a lot of phone reviewers on YouTube even a year later. Ultimately it's your decision as to what is going to work best for you in the end. Just my two cents 🙂