Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 4 Camera glitch

Userlevel 1
Whenever I zoom in on my camera with flash on, the camera zooms in even more by itself. it happens only with flash on, and only when it's zoomed. Even if I'm zoomed in all the way, it zooms in even more! Since I got this Nexus 4 phone (I dropped my old one and it cracked) I've had quite a few issues. I had 0 issues with the old one! One issue is, the phone will freeze and restart itself.. But mainly the camera screws up with the zooming, and a few nights ago I was taking a picture without flash, and the camera just started to pan over and colors started to screw up, the picture I attached is what happens when it was panning over I was told to factory reset the phone, and it may solve the issues, with the camera anyway.. But it's still doing it.. Any suggestions? Or should I send it in?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the factory reset didn't solve the issues I'd say exchange it for a new one at the kiosk, if within the return period or send for repair if past. I just tested my N4 and whether still or zooming with flash on or off it doesn't zoom more after zooming, it stops right when I stop. So ya aid say bring it back for Exchange or repair. You have updated the phone to the newest version of Android right, Android 4.3?
Userlevel 1
Yes, me and and Man at the Koodo store factory reset my phone, then updated everything.. Guess I have to go back and send it in for repairs, at least my loaner phone will be free 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jennie Solomonson wrote:

Yes, me and and Man at the Koodo store factory reset my phone, then updated everything.. Guess I ...

Why will your loaner phone be free?
Jennie Solomonson wrote:

Yes, me and and Man at the Koodo store factory reset my phone, then updated everything.. Guess I ...

because the kiosk no longer charges an up front fee for loner phones you are just required to sign a waver that says if you don't return the phone or if you break it a charge will be added to your bill.
Userlevel 1
Jennie Solomonson wrote:

Yeah, what Vanessa said, my Nexus is under warranty, the issues aren't my fault, so instead of me being inconvenienced more, they'll lend me a phone 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jennie Solomonson wrote:

Ah ok I wasn't aware that had changed but it's great to hear. Thanks for the info that's my new tidbit of knowledge for the day, I love when it's mobile related 🙂