Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 4 Broken Screen

I broke the screen on my nexus 4 by dropping it, I know koodo wont cover the cost because I broke it but does anyone know how much it costs to get it repair through them or from anywhere in general?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ack Patrick, I'm so sorry your N4 broke 😞 You know, I'd almost be inclined to recommend you get the N5 from Google direct... It'll set you back $350 but I don't imagine the cost of repairing the N4 is much lower 😞
Userlevel 1
I have had it done for a few friends. The ballpark is usually $150-$200
Userlevel 6
Hi Patrick, You may get charge at least $200 if you get it repaired through your standard manufacturers warranty.
thanks I'm just conflicted because I only paid $100 for it so I don't want to put more money into it than for what I paid for it. So I guess a follow up question would be is it worth it just to get a new phone and move on?
Userlevel 1
Patrick Tate wrote:

thanks I'm just conflicted because I only paid $100 for it so I don't want to put more money into...

If budget is an issue (as in you don't want to spend another $350 for a Nexus 5 despite it being great bang for your buck), another option might be the $200 Moto G to arrive at Koodo soon. Fantastic phone for the price, perhaps the best bang for your buck of any phone anywhere. Only thing is that is will be an 8Gig phone with no microSD slot, probably about 4 Gig's or so available user space, so you'd have to factor that into your decision. If storage is important, the SIIX has been price dropped to $250, and it is also a very good phone, with microSD support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With Koodo's new multi level tab structure you may be able to get a new phone for $0 upfront. Go to your local kiosk or retail partner and have them lay out your options. Koodo has many great phones right now all with their pro's over others, the Nexus 4 or 5 are great choices like said or the Moto G or even the HTC Desire 601 they're all great choices and if you use the tab it's guaranteed to be clear in 2 years even if it hasn't been paid in full yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A Nexus 4 screen is not worth replacing, as you can probably find another one (used) for about the same.