Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus $350?

I was wondering if I can buy a Nexus 5 without a tab for $350 from a Koodo store without signing any contract. Thanks!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Only if you're already a customer on postpaid
Userlevel 5
Yes you can - you can go and buy the phone without the tab, it just requires you to pay for it. Nexus 5 retail price is $350 (and you would probably be paying ttax on top of that) Also, koodo does not have contracts. There is no cancellation fees or things like that - if you cancel you would just be responsible for the charges on your account. If you do use the tab to reduce the cost of the phone then you would also be responsible for any charges that were remaining on the tab also. (I know you said you wanted no tab but I just wanted to include this for further information)
Dave wrote:

Yes you can - you can go and buy the phone without the tab, it just requires you to pay for it. N...

Thanks Dave!!
Userlevel 4
In my experience, some stores refuse to sell a phone, and just a phone. They want to earn a commission for a contract.
Userlevel 6
Daniel AJ wrote:

In my experience, some stores refuse to sell a phone, and just a phone. They want to earn a commi...

Hi Daniel, they refuse to sell a phone without an activation, simply because it's against our policy 🙂 Thank you!
Userlevel 4
Daniel AJ wrote:

In my experience, some stores refuse to sell a phone, and just a phone. They want to earn a commi...

Haha, that is so weird! It's not like the phone is being subsidized. John, you will have to ask a friend who is a Koodo customer to order it for you.
Userlevel 2
Daniel AJ wrote:

Or you could just order it right from Google for that price
Userlevel 6
Hi John, Davie is right! You can buy the phone up front but you must activate an account as well. Note that a credit check is mandatory, even if you don't get the phone with a Tab. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Yannick wrote:

Hi John, Davie is right! You can buy the phone up front but you must activate an account as well....

Thanks Yannick! Another question: Can I buy it for $350 and activate a prepaid account or can it only be monthly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Hi John, Davie is right! You can buy the phone up front but you must activate an account as well....

It will have to be a monthly, John. Alas 😞 For prepaid it costs $500!
Userlevel 6
Yannick wrote:

Unfortunately a prepaid Nexus 5 will cost you $500. Koodo cuts the cost for post paid customers to attract them into monthly plans.
Userlevel 5
What if people buy certain phones on Prepaid and say they will activate later at home?