Koodo Community
Question

NEW UNLIMITED LONG DISTANCE RATES?

Userlevel 1
Just signed up for it this morning and there is no Plan "description" as yet. So when I call the US does the same rules apply to the US call, as does calling long distance in Canada? Specifically, I call long distance in Canada after 5pm and weekends and do not use up my minutes: does this also apply to the awesome NEW UNLIMITED LONG DISTANCE UNLIMITED UNITED STATES $10.00 PLAN?

16 replies

There are no Long Distance charges in Canada but you will be charged per minute after you have exceeded your daytime minutes. As for the US the same would apply on the $10 worry-free international long distance calling from within Canada to the U.S by adding this add-on to any of our unlimited Canada-wide plans. Anytime minutes apply on all other Canada-wide plan
Userlevel 7
Yes, this will apply to it that way. When you call the US, you are technically using one local minute and one US minute (two seperate charges, if applicable). So if you call after 5pm, you can truly talk for as long as you want without using any daytime minutes. THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE: If you call outside your free evenings and weekends, you will use one daytime minute for each US minute you use If you call within you free evenings and weekends, you will not use any daytime minutes and won't incurr any additional charges. Consider it unlimited US minutes during that period If you have unlimited calling, you truly have unlimited US calling 24/7
Userlevel 1
Yes, this will apply to it that way. When you call the US, you are technically using one local mi...Thanks Ahmad !
Userlevel 1
I have one more question Ahmad. So if I call out side my free zone you say that I use one daytime minute for every US minute, how does this part play out? Does 2minutes come off my daytime minutes, for each minute I speak?
Userlevel 6
I have one more question Ahmad. So if I call out side my free zone you say that I use one daytime...No. 🙂 Timo has the details though.
Userlevel 1
I have one more question Ahmad. So if I call out side my free zone you say that I use one daytime...Please disregard my above post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The US long distance add on removes the long distance toll for calling the US. You will still use airtime minutes as normal for your plan. billing for calls is more or less as follows: (length of call) * (airtime rate) + (length of call) * (LD rate)
Userlevel 1
So is Ahmad right or wrong?
Userlevel 6
So is Ahmad right or wrong? Nope. Ahmad is correct 100%. The add on allows you to call as much to the US as you want during the "free" periods but uses your anytime minutes outside of that. If you have an unlimited talk plan than the above doesn't apply and you can call anytime.
Userlevel 1
So is Ahmad right or wrong? Ok thanks Chris
Why not just install an app that will allow you to make calls to the US ?
Userlevel 6
Why not just install an app that will allow you to make calls to the US ?Because that app likely uses your data and may actually turn out be more expensive than the add they just introduced. Unless you sit in Starbucks all day riding free wi-fi.
Userlevel 4
Why not just install an app that will allow you to make calls to the US ?...wearing skinny jeans, thick frame glasses, a scarf, plaid shirt, and reading a book that you probably never heard of.