Koodo Community

Community

New to Koodo with new phone, and plan.

My dad just got a new phone that he ordered online through koodo. He purchased a phone, sim, and monthly plan all online. The sim card is in the phone and now on the brochure it is saying now he needs to create a self serve account to get started. The only problem is that you need a phone number to create anew account. I checked his phone's status, and the phone does not yet have a phone number. Is there a step to activate the phone or sim card in order to get a phone number?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Slk,

Take a look at the e-mails your father received when making the order, the information should be in it. If you do not know the phone number, take the phone and text your own number to see his phone number. The phone already has a number associated to it, all of that would have been done when purchasing the phone online.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Slk,

Take a look at the e-mails your father received when making the order, the information s...

I had the same issue, it was several days before I received my service agreement email with this information in it, so it may not come right away. Now that I have set up my self serve account and made sure my sim card is tied to my phone I still have no phone service and my phone tells me that my sim card is not allowed to access the Koodo network.