Koodo Community
Solved

New tablet

• 21 March 2019
  • 7 replies

just received my new tablet when I call it I get a busy signal. Why?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 21 March 2019, 01:38

You cannot make calls on a Koodo tablet plan. It had 0 minutes. Also I would suggest you check the outgoing text charge. It might not be free.

Every tablet plan has a number, but that doesn't mean you could make/receive call. In the "Nitty Gritty", they mentioned "A tablet plan may only be used with a tablet device, and requires that you maintain a Koodo mobile phone plan. If these conditions are not met, Koodo may terminate your tablet plan in accordance with the Service Terms."
View original

7 replies

Thanks for the info! This could have saved me some money.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You cannot make calls on a Koodo tablet plan. It had 0 minutes. Also I would suggest you check the outgoing text charge. It might not be free.

Every tablet plan has a number, but that doesn't mean you could make/receive call. In the "Nitty Gritty", they mentioned "A tablet plan may only be used with a tablet device, and requires that you maintain a Koodo mobile phone plan. If these conditions are not met, Koodo may terminate your tablet plan in accordance with the Service Terms."
Existing customers can add a tablet plan starting at $15/month for 3GB of Shock-Free data.*

Asterix says: *Subject to change, pay per use rates are $1.00 per minute and $1.00 per text, additional data is $7 per 100MB .

Hope you have not been texting very much with your tablet plan!

I think, the $1 per minutes is likely a warning, customers could be blocked from make/receive call. There was no mention of payperuse there in the plan description (I guess this will be the one in their official agreement).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You absolutely can place calls and texts with your tablet but the overages are designer to make you want to only use data as it's stupid expensive. I suggest you use a voip App if you want to make call and texts with your tablet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Existing customers can add a tablet plan starting at $15/month for 3GB of Shock-Free data.*

Asterix says: *Subject to change, pay per use rates are $1.00 per minute and $1.00 per text, additional data is $7 per 100MB .

Hope you have not been texting very much with your tablet plan!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It came with a phone number and I can text and receive texts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
isn't the tablet supposed to be only for data?