Koodo Community
Solved

New tablet

• 21 March 2019
  • 7 replies

just received my new tablet when I call it I get a busy signal. Why?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 21 March 2019, 01:38

You cannot make calls on a Koodo tablet plan. It had 0 minutes. Also I would suggest you check the outgoing text charge. It might not be free.

Every tablet plan has a number, but that doesn't mean you could make/receive call. In the "Nitty Gritty", they mentioned "A tablet plan may only be used with a tablet device, and requires that you maintain a Koodo mobile phone plan. If these conditions are not met, Koodo may terminate your tablet plan in accordance with the Service Terms."
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
isn't the tablet supposed to be only for data?
It came with a phone number and I can text and receive texts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You cannot make calls on a Koodo tablet plan. It had 0 minutes. Also I would suggest you check the outgoing text charge. It might not be free.

Every tablet plan has a number, but that doesn't mean you could make/receive call. In the "Nitty Gritty", they mentioned "A tablet plan may only be used with a tablet device, and requires that you maintain a Koodo mobile phone plan. If these conditions are not met, Koodo may terminate your tablet plan in accordance with the Service Terms."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Existing customers can add a tablet plan starting at $15/month for 3GB of Shock-Free data.*

Asterix says: *Subject to change, pay per use rates are $1.00 per minute and $1.00 per text, additional data is $7 per 100MB .

Hope you have not been texting very much with your tablet plan!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You absolutely can place calls and texts with your tablet but the overages are designer to make you want to only use data as it's stupid expensive. I suggest you use a voip App if you want to make call and texts with your tablet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Existing customers can add a tablet plan starting at $15/month for 3GB of Shock-Free data.*

Asterix says: *Subject to change, pay per use rates are $1.00 per minute and $1.00 per text, additional data is $7 per 100MB .

Hope you have not been texting very much with your tablet plan!

I think, the $1 per minutes is likely a warning, customers could be blocked from make/receive call. There was no mention of payperuse there in the plan description (I guess this will be the one in their official agreement).

Thanks for the info! This could have saved me some money.