Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New sim Prepaid

Hi, I bought a new koodo prepaid sim but there's still no signal.. no bars, wont connect to any network... I try registering the sim but it wont give me the number... It says mobile phone number Unknown.

6 replies

Have you activated the SIM Card on the Koodo Pre-Paid website? Also the phone you are using has to be either a Koodo phone or if from another carrier must be unlocked from that network first.

If you are using a phone from a different carrier you can ask the original carrier to unlock your phone for $50, or you can use an online website to unlock your phone for about $10 - $30CAD.
Userlevel 7
Hi Zidan, what exactly does it say on the page when you're trying to sign up for Prepaid? Have you tried clearing cache and cookies or refreshing your browser? If all else fails you can call koodo and ask them to activate your account for you after explaining your situation. :) 1 (866) 995-6636  Also as pointed out by chris, make sure you're on the PREPAID self serve page not the postpaid one.
When I try to register it says verify your phone number... But I cant verify it because when i go in settings -> status it says network Unknown , mobile network type Unknown, Service State Out of Service. And My phone number Unknown... I can't register because I don't know the phone number. I use to be able to connect with this phone with the koodo prepaid sim.

Hey guys Thnx. I Got it....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zidan Buslig wrote:

What did you end up doing? so that other people with the same problem can benefit.
Zidan Buslig wrote:

Well I thought I can just call koodo in the phone to register but there's no network connection. I then tried to sign up in the prepaid category but they needed a phone number which I don't have because I can't connect to any network. So then realize why I can't connect to any network because this sim might not be activated... So I googled it and activateprepaid.koodomobile.com came up. I then registered my sim, put my vocher pins and etc and then I followed the instruction and activated my Sim. I just got the sim detached, I didn't know that there's a word in the thing that it comes with that says you have to activate it. That's how I figured it out I guess.