Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New SIM in Samsung Galaxy S6. Can't connect to LTE.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I went to the koodo store to switch my line over to that phone and bought a new SIM card for it. I got back home and switched plans to a data plan and it told me that it would be active within the next 15 minutes. It's been over an hour and I still can't even connect to LTE. Is there something else I should do?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check out the APN on the phone if you got it anywhere else than Koodo.

http://aide.koodomobile.com/Portals/0...

You may also have to re-boot the phone to refresh a new data connection.

Hi thanks. I've already rebooted and it did nothing. The link you've sent doesn't seem to work for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Catherine wrote:

Hi thanks. I've already rebooted and it did nothing. The link you've sent doesn't seem to work fo...

Here's a screen shot of what you need to know:

Catherine wrote:

Hi thanks. I've already rebooted and it did nothing. The link you've sent doesn't seem to work fo...

Alright that's already what it was set to automatically. Anything else I could've missed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Catherine wrote:

As a last shot before calling the 611 geeks, try the following which tech support will put you thru anyway:

Is mobile data enabled? (in mobile data settings)
Is Network operator Koodo?
Is network mode LTE/WCDMA/GSM? Toggle between them to see if it makes a difference.

If the phone is non-Koodo supplied, check with willmyphonework.net with the exact model. Some overseas (Korea, India, etc) models don't support 1700/2100 LTE band 4 that Koodo needs. Model number is often under or near the battery.

If there's a Koodo boutique near you, bring the phone there. They can test your SIM and phone with known-to-be-good store equipment.

Catherine wrote:

Mobile data is enabled and the network operator is Koodo and it's in LTE/WCDMA/GSM. I've check with the website and it says it should work. I'm not too surprised though. The phone was bought at Telus. I've just bought the SIM today there but I can't go back today. Was hoping there would be a way to make it work without having to go back as it's a bit out of the way for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Catherine wrote:

Try checking out the Telus website for their APN. You have nothing to lose in the meantime.
Catherine wrote:

It didn't do anything. Not sure what else to do. Just switched from WIND because Koodo's signal was better where I live but I'm starting to think that at least it worked with WIND even though not optimal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Catherine wrote:

On reflection, I think that the boutique people will probably just kick you upstairs to customer service, since this is a not-too-simple issue. So save yourself a trip and call 611 or send Koodo a message on their Facebook page. Not so sure that a Wind WCDMA phone will work with Koodo LTE.
Catherine wrote:

Happy to report the issue fixed! It turned out to be that my old planned blocked data and it wasn't deactivated automatically when I switched to my new plan. Poor 611 guy tried to fix the issue with me for a good 5mins before he noticed it. xD I wish it told you on self serve when you switch plans so all that could be avoided. Thank you for the help though!