Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New sim card, old phone. Will I keep my number?

Userlevel 2
Need a new sim card. My Sony Xperia just died the other day. I do have a back up phone, but, in order to use it, I have to get a new sim card. After I order the sim card, and it arrives in the mail (I live over six hours away from the closest Koodo store), will I still have my same number?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Yup you'll use self serve to transfer your service to the new SIM its very easy.
Userlevel 2
Ya, I just looked into it a bit further. Will that work for Prepaid as well? It sure was a bit of a challenge ordering a sim card. But, I think I got it, and, I hope the right one.
Userlevel 6
Brian Paul wrote:

Ya, I just looked into it a bit further. Will that work for Prepaid as well? It sure was a bit o...

What was challenging Brian? It seems pretty simple. Well, as Lon as one knows that they put SIM cards under accessories.
Userlevel 7
Brian Paul wrote:

Ya, I just looked into it a bit further. Will that work for Prepaid as well? It sure was a bit o...

Regardless of what type of SIM card you purchase, as soon as you activate the card, it is designated for your number and only your number. So in the instance someone tries to activate it on a different number it will not work due to it being registered to your number already. Hope that helps too 🙂
Userlevel 2
Brian Paul wrote:

After logging in and putting the sim card in my cart. As soon as I went to check out, it asked me to log in again. While trying to log in, it says that my password was incorrect and wouldn't let me sign in. So, I had to order and purchase as "a.gift". In the end, I got it, and it is on its way. Hope it works.
Userlevel 7
The prepaid SIM is 20$ Did you pay 20$?
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

The prepaid SIM is 20$ Did you pay 20$?

Yes, I paid $20 for the sim card. After shipping and taxes, total was $28.
Badge +4
When the new SIM card arrives, login to your prepaid account and select the 'Base Plan & Boosters' tab. Select the 'Change SIM Card' tab. You should see something like this: ***************0000, (yours will be different from the example). Enter the new SIM card number in the box provided and click Submit. You should receive a message on screen saying that the new SIM card change was successfully applied. Your old number is now associated with your new SIM card and that's all there is to it.