Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New SIM Card - Data and calls working, no messaging in and out

About 2 hours ago, I went to a koodo booth. They switched my plan and sim card. Calls and data are working, but I can't send out texts (or receive them) as far as I can tell. Is there a way for me to correct this, or is this something I will have to go back to the mall for.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Thats wierd, try to turn off and on your phone. If it doesnt work did you do a port? If so it takes 2 hours for the phone to work at 100%. Do you maybe have an iPhone? It could be that iMessage is messing up, try turning it off in your settings.
Userlevel 6
Mathieu Carrier wrote:

Thats wierd, try to turn off and on your phone. If it doesnt work did you do a port? If so it tak...

Hey Mathieu, don't forget to check the tags! You'll see that Dan indicated having an Android phone 🙂 Thank you!
Mathieu Carrier wrote:

Thats wierd, try to turn off and on your phone. If it doesnt work did you do a port? If so it tak...

How to Change my region location form on to Sas
Mathieu Carrier wrote:

How to change my plan
Userlevel 6
Hi Dan, is it working now? Were you able to send/receive text messages? Keep us posted! Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Ended up callling koodo and they fixed it for ne.
Is that service call will charge me for calling to change my plan
Userlevel 6
Jing Tang wrote:

Is that service call will charge me for calling to change my plan

Hi there, in order to get a number form another province,you will have to contact us over the phone. Since it can't be done via Self Serve online, it will be done free of charge 🙂 Note that you will also need to change your address. This will then give you access to the plans for that province. Thank you!