Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New phone won't recognize Koodo network

I just bought a brand new unlocked phone (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact). However, when I insert the new sim card I got from Koodo, it won't recognize the network. When I turn the device on its asking for the SIM network unlock PIN. When I dismiss this menu and access Mobile Networks > Service Providers, Koodo isn't listed. There's various networks from Rogers, Telus, Bell and Wind. I've entered my IMEI number here and it says the device will work on the network, http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-my-phone-will-work-on-the-koodo-network Any tips?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi jay, You can try to change your APN settings and see. To do so go to settings --> network --> access point names And do the following. Tap New APN:  Name: KOODO  APN: sp.koodo.com  Proxy: 74.49.0.18  Port: 80  Username: leave blank  Password: leave blank  Server: leave blank  MMSC: http ://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc  MMS Proxy server: 74.49.0.18  MMS Port: 80  MCC: 302  MNC: 220  Authentication type: No set  APN type: No set  Tap menu key, then tap Save.  Make sure to delete the telus APN if you see any. If it still doesn't work, try calling koodo customer service for techinal help. Hope this helps 🙂
Userlevel 1
Samridhi wrote:

Hi jay, You can try to change your APN settings and see. To do so go to settings --> network -...

Oopss ... im sorry i misread (i read it is not asking for unlock code) .. yea Jonathan is right if its asking for an unlock code that meams its not unlocked. Just to mention one more thing, the koodo compatibility link tells you whether or not a phine will work on koodo network but it doesn't tell you if the pho e is locked ir unlocked. Might be you will have to get the phone unlocked.
Userlevel 7
If it's asking for a SIM unlock PIN, that means the phone is locked to another provider. In Canada, the device is exclusive to Bell and the model # is D8503. What's the model # of yours? Where did you buy the phone from?