Koodo Community

Community

Solved

new phone same plan

So my s2x broke and i have the $20 plan with no tab. I was wondering if i could buy a new phone (s3) and keep my plan? Oh and i want to just put my sim and sd card into the new phone

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Well the S III uses micro SIM so you'll have to either cut your old one or the rep will activate the micro for you, which is included for free if you're activating a phone. It supports microSD so you're safe there.

You'll have to pay off your existing negative Tab (if any) to upgrade. This can be done in Self Serve or placed on your next bill when you go in to upgrade.

You can keep your old plan if you take the S III on Tab small (150), which means you'll have to pay $150 in store for the device. If you want it for $0 in store and get a -300 Tab (medium), then you'll have to switch to at least a $30 plan + $5 tab charge until it's paid off. I don't recommend this for you, since you have an expired $20 plan. Enjoy it!
Jonathan I wrote:

Well the S III uses micro SIM so you'll have to either cut your old one or the rep will acti...

thanks but i have one more question, if i get the micro sim will i be able to keep my pictures and all that from my old phone?
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Well the S III uses micro SIM so you'll have to either cut your old one or the rep will acti...

Yes those are stored either on the phone or the sd card. If they're on the SD card just put that in the new phone and you're good to go, if they're on the phone you'll have to transfer them to your computer or SD card to transfer them. If your phone doesn't turn on, unless you have information backed up somewhere you will have trouble recovering the data.
Jonathan I wrote:

Thanks!