Koodo Community

Community

New phone purchased on web store defective. Having trouble getting through to web store

Wow.  Purchased phone for Christmas.gift so I did not attempt to activate until then.  Will not read Sim card.  Sim card not the problem it the phone.  Now my 15 days have passed.  Local store would not take it because I did not purchase it from them and they said I have to go through the store.  I have left an e-mail as well as left a message.  Due to the holidays and most likely phones being purchased in December are.gifts, the kiosk told me they extend return dates until January 15th.  I do hope the web store does the same.  If they do not take back my phone, replace it and/or fix it;  I will cancel all my services.  All the other kiosk stores in the mall with other providers we full with clients and Koodo had none.  After reading several complaints on this forum,  I know why.  Does the web store extend the return policy date as the kiosk stores do? 

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you leave the email and voicemail message with the webstore?
Called several times and they are always closed.  Finally left voice message the other day as well as sent an email.  Never heard of a business running with the hours that this place keeps.  I work night shift and am usually sleeping between 3pm and 9 pm.  I tried staying up the other day just to find out the are closed on Mondays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

Called several times and they are always closed.  Finally left voice message the other day a...

Ok if you just contacted them the other day, then I would give it a couple of days to wait for their reply.  Let us know if you dont hear anything from them 
That is when I went to my local store and they would not help me because I did not buy from them.  They said I have to go the web store.  I ordered my phone December 6th.  I did not try to activate over the weekend because I also had to buy a new SIM card for it and it does not work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

That is when I went to my local store and they would not help me because I did not buy from them....

When you went to the kiosk, did they test their own koodo sim in the phone to confirm that the phone does not work with any sim card?  Did they test your sim card in one of their phones to see if if was a defective sim card instead?
Barbara wrote:

That is when I went to my local store and they would not help me because I did not buy from them....

It is not the Sim.  It works in another phone.  It is the Sim card reader or the whole phone is screwed up.
I called customer service first for technical assistance and they just gave me the run around.  He told me I had to contact the web store as they were different.  The technician also told me to try the kiosk so that is why I went there and they could not help me either.  Does this company just keep bouncing customers back and forth so they can run out the policy return time and just leave there customers flying in the wind? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

I called customer service first for technical assistance and they just gave me the run around.&nb...

I can assure that Koodo is not trying to "run out the policy return time".  I know it may seem like it, but it is not the case.

Koodo doesnt really make money on the phones.  They make money on the service, so it is in their interest for you to have a working phone so you keep using their service.  As long as you emailed or left a vociemail within the 15 day period, I think Koodo should honour the return time.  That would be my personal expectation from them 
Barbara wrote:

I called customer service first for technical assistance and they just gave me the run around.&nb...

I just mentioned that it was ordered on December 6th.  I cam about a week later.  As it was a.gift, I did not try to activate it until after Christmas; hence, the 15 days are now up.  You still have not answered my question as to whether or not the web store extends the same courtesy as the kiosks do and have extended the return policy date to January 15th.
Barbara wrote:

Every other store I have purchased items in have extended return policy times as the items may have been Christmas.gifts.  Makes good sense doesn't it?  If the web store does not do this then I am screwed over as I am sure many other customers who purchased items for.gifts are as well.  Can't even get a simple questioned answered.  I AM DONE!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

My apologies I must have missed that you mentioned you ordered the phone on the 6th.  Unfortunately I do not know if Koodo has extended return times.  I personally have not heard anything about that, but Im just a customer like you.

Either way you will need to wait for the webstore to get info about a return... or worse case scenario, regarding warranty
Barbara wrote:

Go figure!
I should not have to try three different places to get the help I need?  More delays.
My policy done now unless the web store extends there return policy date due to holidays.  Do they extent the date to January 15th like the kiosk does? If they do not then Koodo has screwed another customer over and will get another company to buy out my tab for free.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

My policy done now unless the web store extends there return policy date due to holidays.  D...

I hear your frustration.  It is very stressful when technology does not work when it's suppose to, especially for a christmas.gift.  Please give the webstore a couple of days to respond to you.

Just an FYI.... no other Canadian cellphone provider will buy out the tab for you.  If you do decide to leave Koodo, I recommend that you get phone issue resolved first (i assume Koodo would have increased difficult with warranty, etc if you are not an active customer).  Then I would get the phone unlocked via ebay and you can use your phone with another other Canadian wireless carrier.
Barbara wrote:

My policy done now unless the web store extends there return policy date due to holidays.  D...

I am an active customer.  The phone is not hooked up yet because it not working.  I do not have to unlock anything. I am just paying a tab for a phone that is in a stupid box.  If anyone else is reading this thread, EASTLINK buys out existing tabs/contracts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

No you dont have to unlock anything.  It was just some advice.  You dont have to listen to anything I say.  Im just a customer like you who is trying to help others on a public forum.  I do not work for Koodo.  You can switch to Eastlink if you want to and throw your defective phone away in the garbage if you wanted to.  Im just trying to help you maximize what you have with the situation you are in with your phone and Koodo

https://www.eastlink.ca/wireless/switch.aspx
Up to a $200 credit, but not exactly a tab or contract buyout.  Not sure how much your phone tab is
Barbara wrote:

Have two lines.  Up to $200 per line is plenty good for me.  I can't even get my questions answered from an official rep like the others that I have seen on this forum.
Barbara wrote:

I apologize.  I do not mean to take my frustrations out on you.  You are only try to help.  I thought you worked for Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

I have contacted my Koodo liason and they are looking to confirm the return periods
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

Hi Barbara - typical refund/exchange policy is 15-days after purchase, year-round. Web store purchases offer a bit more leeway given that it can take a bit of time to process, so these are typically counted from ship-date. Given your situation, I've reached out to the web store team to see if we can make an exception. Hang tight - I should know more by tomorrow and can then advise how to proceed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

Hi Barbara - heard back from the web store team and they can assist. To confirm, are you looking to exchange your phone, or return it for a refund?
Barbara wrote:

Great.  The new phone I purchased in not reading any Sim card.  Would require it to be exchanged.
Barbara wrote:

Would this be done through the web store through mail or could it be arranged through my local Koodo kiosk?  Kiosk would be better and a lot easier for me if possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara wrote:

Web store purchases must be returned through the web store, unfortunately.