Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New phone, new SIM card, no service

I'm a new cell phone user. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 prepaid phone today and bought the basic prepaid plan (talk and text) plus maximum anytime minutes and data boosters. I have activated the phone on line. I have a 'no service' message and also have had 'ME returned a temporary error' message more than once. I do not have the cell phone on airplane mode. I have turned off the phone multiple times, and I have also removed the battery and SIM card multiple times. I still don't have service. Also, Koodo support wants to charge me 5$ for help by telephone and that's the suckiest service I've come across so far. Anyhow, any help to get this phone functioning would be appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
The $5 charge isn't for issues like this but for things you can do on self-serve yourself like topping up or changing your plan. Technical and billing issues you won't be charged so feel free to proceed with the call
Thank you, Ahmad. My problem is solved as well, sort of.

My daughter mentioned to me that her friends have horrible reception in this house. So I went outside, and yes, the phone works great out there. 
Userlevel 7
Karen Michaud wrote:

My daughter mentioned to me that her fr...

You may want to head over to best buy and pickup a Wilson repeater. It'll cost ya but it sends the cell signals from outside your home to the inside. It's made for areas with very poor cell service.
Karen Michaud wrote:

My daughter mentioned to me that her fr...

Thank you, I will keep that product in mind. A cell tower is being built in my village, though. So I will wait a bit and see how that turns out.