Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New phone arriving monday how do I bring my current number over to the new sim?

New phone arriving monday ( moto g gen 3 )how do I bring my current number over from my old sim to the new sim? My current sim is about 5-6 years old so its not a micro sim like the Moto G requires. Id like to keep my number naturally 🙂 How can I do this, what is the best and easiest way 🙂

4 replies

Userlevel 4
If it comes with a new SIM, call in to Koodo (from a different phone, as your current phone will not work once the sim is swapped). They'll take the new SIM number from you, at which point you can pop it in your phone and you're good to go! May have to restart the phone. The old sim card in the old phone will no longer be activated.

KEEP IN MIND: There is normally a charge to do this over the phone. However, self serve is not working at the moment for this option (I've had issues with this the past month) so just let Koodo know when you call so you don't get charged
mursejordan wrote:

If it comes with a new SIM, call in to Koodo (from a different phone, as your current phone will ...

easy! excellent! thank you 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mursejordan wrote:

If it comes with a new SIM, call in to Koodo (from a different phone, as your current phone will ...

I'd always try Self Serve first (website, not app). It'll save time.
Userlevel 4
mursejordan wrote:

It's down till the end of February, however.. so, calling in for now is the only option