Koodo Community

New Nokia 3310 trouble with Texts on Koodo

• 19 November 2018
  • 5 replies

I just moved from a LG smart phone to a new Nokia 3310 while keeping my same Koodo sim card.

I have been having trouble with the order of the texts on my Nokia. The incoming texts all register as an hour earlier than the current time while my outgoing texts are at normal time. This completely changes the order of the conversation. I have been in touch with Nokia and they don't know what to do about it. It seems no one else has this problem. I have tried to change the time zones and it does nothing. I even exchanged the phone for another Nokia 3310 but have the same problem. I really like the new Nokia 3310 and so have been desperately trying to figure out how to fix the problem.

I have wondered if my koodo sim card might be causing it? It is two years old. I tried my husband's Koodo sim card but still had the same problem. We got our sim cards at the same time. If I ordered a new one does anyone think it might fix it? Or does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could fix it?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
If the text was registered exact 1 hour earlier, it could be issue with the phone and network time synchronization. Have you checked if your phone allowed "Daytime Saving Time". I noticed the weather apps in my phone had similar issue earlier this month, but it fixed now. I would try to see if there is an option in your phone to check it and restart the phone.
Thank you for your help - while it hasn't completely fixed the problem it has helped me go in the right direction. I started playing around with the time zones on the phone. The phone is so basic there is no way to fix the daylight saving time. The only options I have is to choose my time zone and change the time.

I figured out that if I messed around with the time zones the phone will only bring the text in an hour earlier than my current time even if I have the time zone set to a crazy time. So if I put my phone at a time zone at 11pm when it is really 10pm my phone will still bring it in at 9pm. So the only way for my texts to match up and be in the right order is for me to manually set my phone an hour earlier than my current time. Pretty confusing!

I am wondering if it is my service provider and will borrow a sim card from another provider to see if it fixes the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Normally a simple restart would solve the problem (or take out the SIM and put it back again). That would reset the time from the carrier with the phone. If the phone can access your location, it should be able to setup the time zone automatically. I would set it to automatic and try to find if there is any update from Nokia also.
Yes, that should work but it doesn't! I've done factory resets, restarts, changed the time zone manually and tried automatic update. I even exchanged phones and am still having the problem. The phone is so basic there is very little in the way of settings. Frustrated because I really like the phone but can't seem to get it figured out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, that should work but it doesn't! I've done factory resets, restarts, changed the time zone manually and tried automatic update. I even exchanged phones and am still having the problem. The phone is so basic there is very little in the way of settings. Frustrated because I really like the phone but can't seem to get it figured out.
Have you tried a 3rd party texting app and see if the problem carries over?