Koodo Community

Community

Question

New LG6 screen will not shut off unless done so manually

I have the screen timeout set to 15 seconds and it will not shut off even after an hour. It is draining the battery of my phone, cause I don't always remember to manually shut it off every time I put the phone down. It worked a few times when I first got the phone, only two weeks ago, and now won't shut off at all. Any help?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Nichole, you may have installed an app that is not letting the phone sleep, was there an app you can think of that you downloaded before this started happening? If so try deleting it.

Or do you mean the always on display that shows the time and date and notifications? If that what you mean and you don't want this then go into settings - display - scroll to the bottom and turn off always on display.
I don't have the always on display turned on. It may be an app, but I haven't dl'd any that I can think of that would do that? I have Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, snapseed and facebook messenger. That's it. I'll delete snapseed and see if that helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you downloaded the most recent update to the android software running the phone? If not connect to a wifi connection to save you Koodo data and go to settings - about phone - update center - software update - check for update.
I deleted the snapseed app and did a restart, and it seems to be working now. If it starts happening again I'll try what you've mentioned above. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nicole wrote:

I deleted the snapseed app and did a restart, and it seems to be working now. If it starts happen...

No problem and if that fails your last resort is to back up everything and perform a factory reset of the device.
Userlevel 6
Nicole wrote:

I deleted the snapseed app and did a restart, and it seems to be working now. If it starts happen...

just curious, what is snapseed?
Userlevel 6
Nicole wrote:

It's a photo editing app. It works great!
Userlevel 6
Nicole wrote:

i'll have to try it out when I get home from work and back on my WiFi