Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New international student, just arrived in Canada, have a fresh credit card and want to be eligible for a tab

I have gotten my credit card about [b]a week ago, and it is fresh, just wondering how much [b]deposit I should have in order to be eligible for a tab? I am thinking of a Moto G 3rd 7$+the 30$ plan for the network which in overall it will cost me around 41$ monthly. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will have to go to a Koodo kiosk and they will run a credit check and determine what would be required
Userlevel 3
Check where the koodo stores are here: https://www.koodomobile.com/find-nearest-store 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Easy.  Find a used phone online or from a friend.  

Or save up your money until you have enough?
Isnt that what you do when you cant afford something?  You save up.
Dennis wrote:

Or save up your money until you ha...

I knew that man, but I asked another question. How much deposit usually need to be eligible for a tab? just stick to the topic. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I thought you asked

it means that I not eligible for a tab and I should pay for the cost of the mobile [b]entirely. what am I suppose to do now?

Did you ask the Kiosk about a deposit option?
I dont think they do deposits.  All they have is the spending limit program
http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/spending-limit-program
Dennis wrote:

let me ask you in this way; a friend of mind wants to use her credit card for me to buy that plan mentioned, but currently she has a limited amount of deposit in it, so she have told me to ask a Koodo assistant for finding out the answer, no one have told me a clear answer so far even at those two kiosks where I asked them in person!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I am pretty sure there are no deposits for Koodo.

If you qualify you may be placed on the spending limit program which means you cannot get a phone on tab.

Also the address on the credit card must match your home address on your account for payments to be successful