Koodo Community

new chat settings

Got a new update and everytime I try to open the new "chat settings" it says "registration failed"

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What chat settings are you taking about ? If you mean an app other than your regular stock text messaging app then you should ask on that specific app review or forum. You can try going into settings and under apps look for the app in question and clear the cache of said app and then open it again.
Its the regular texting app
I tried clearing cache. Didnt work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At this time koodo doesn't support this feature. That's why it keeps failing.
Which phone do you have? From what I've heard it only works on Pixel 2, 2XL, 3 and 3XL at this time.

I have Pixel 2 and I'm able to turn on the Chat function in Messages.
I believe the original op is referring to Google messengers RCS. My other pixel 2 XL phone has this feature working on it but for some reason it wasn't working on my device that was warranty twice already. I have a pixel 3XL as well and I'll be testing it and a few hours once it shows up home.

So far as of now It says that it's working on my pixel 2 XL.

I ended up doing the following before it started working. Clear Carrier services cache which resulted in the chat features not working. Remove carrier services update. Reboot. Checked messengers chat status which was still a no-go. Clear messengers cache. Rechecked messengers chat status which was still a nogo. Updated Carrier services then it started to work.
I'm also on the new second release of Android 10 official release with a fresh clean install QP1A.190711.020 . Everything updated. This phone has been warrantied twice already. My other pixel 2 XL is an original from Koodo. And it was asked if it wanted the user to enable the features on Google's messenger app.
No go on Essential PH-1. Sometimes when i restart it shows up, but goes to Not supported after
Userlevel 3
I think this is what the OP is seeing

This is my issue as well. I was trying to get my samsung s9 have a different notification for text. I don't like the fact that they are all the same. Thats when I googled it and came across the "chat settings" but it says try again later. for 2 days I have been trying again "later" how long is later?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is my issue as well. I was trying to get my samsung s9 have a different notification for text. I don't like the fact that they are all the same. Thats when I googled it and came across the "chat settings" but it says try again later. for 2 days I have been trying again "later" how long is later?
The chat settings menu item is for configuring new features that are being pushed by Google which koodo doesn't support yet. To change the sound for your text notifications go to the notifications line.

This is my issue as well. I was trying to get my samsung s9 have a different notification for text. I don't like the fact that they are all the same. Thats when I googled it and came across the "chat settings" but it says try again later. for 2 days I have been trying again "later" how long is later?The chat settings menu item is for configuring new features that are being pushed by Google which koodo doesn't support yet. To change the sound for your text notifications go to the notifications line.

Well isn't that weird. You would think they would be on board and up to date with the changes......
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Honestly, it's primarily an attempt to make text messaging on Android work more like iMessage. (read notifications, letting you know when someone is typing a response, etc.) Android has been around for 10 plus years without any of these features built in, so anyone who truly feels strongly about having them long ago switched to other options such as iphone, bbm, WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, etc. If something goes wrong with the implementation on koodo's end, it does run the risk of breaking text messaging across the board. There isn't a great deal of incentive to rush into this for a feature only a small percentage of customers really care about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RCS had gotten pushed to the Pixel devices recently. I'd say the sign of this means your phone will be recieving the update soon but just doesnt have it quite yet.
Stick around and try to click it every once in awhile and eventually it should work!