Koodo Community
Solved

new cell phone setup

• 27 January 2019
  • 10 replies

Just purchased a new cell phone from Koodo.I was already a monthly customer and will continue to be.I inserted the new sim card that came with the phone,turned it on and now I'm stuck.First problem is failure to connect to our wifi which has no password.Any suggestions or steps to take next? Even my old phone will not connect to the wifi.My partner's phone is connected no problem as is our laptop.
icon

Best answer by Dinh 27 January 2019, 23:04

hi
Have you tried to use your old SIM into the new phone? the new sim wasn't activated and you could keep the old SIM if it fits the new phone. If you want to use the new SIM, you need to switch SIM in your self service https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-sim-support

Regarding the wifi, what phone was it? I would suggest you update the new phone to the latest firmware, and try it again.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi
Have you tried to use your old SIM into the new phone? the new sim wasn't activated and you could keep the old SIM if it fits the new phone. If you want to use the new SIM, you need to switch SIM in your self service https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-sim-support

Regarding the wifi, what phone was it? I would suggest you update the new phone to the latest firmware, and try it again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Weird. Which phone do you have? Did you restart phones? Turn wifi off and on?
hi,
so I understand I need to use the new sim card so I will switch in self serve as you suggest.
The new phone is Huawai and the old Motog 5.
yes I have restarted both phones and turned wifi on and off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You only need to switch to the new one if the old one doesn't work / won't fit in your new phones. Otherwise an just pop in your old sim card and carry on.

Well then. See if you can connect to any other wifi network's.
how do I know if my new phone takes the same size sim card as my old phone? I inserted the new sim but maybe I should take it out and put the old one in if it fits.would be simpler maybe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
how do I know if my new phone takes the same size sim card as my old phone? I inserted the new sim but maybe I should take it out and put the old one in if it fits.would be simpler maybe?
I think the g5 is using a nano sim. That sim should fit your huawei phone. I would try the old sim first and keep the new sim as a spare for later.
update,I inserted the old sim card in the new phone,it was the same size.there are no other wifi networks in the area to try as we are very rural.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would suggest you try to reset network setting of the phone and see if it can connect.

Some phone by default do not connect to "no password" wifi networks. You might have to manually setup in wifi option. A password for your network is also a good thing though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
WHen you open your wifi settings on your phone, do you see your wifi network? Does it come up as an option to select? You need to manually choose it the first time for it to remember to auto connect to it in the future