Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need VPN Settings

Motorola Droid Razr Maxx - System Version 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US - Running Android 4.1.2. What are the VPN settings? Also when I try to edit my VPN settings, I am prompted for a password and username. I tried my Self Serve info and it wasn't that.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think you want the APN (Access Point Name) settings. VPN is Virtual Private Network. Name: KOODO APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy: leave blank Port: leave blank Username: leave blank Password: leave blank Server: leave blank MMSC: http ://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc MMS Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 MMS Port: 80 MCC: 302 MNC: 220 Authentication type: None APN type: Internet + MMS
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I think you want the APN (Access Point Name) settings. VPN is Virtual Private Network. Name: ...

This did not work for me. The bottom option "APN type" seems like something you should see in a dropdown menu, but I get a box to type it in, which I did. I am also getting an error: "ME returned a temporary error"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I think you want the APN (Access Point Name) settings. VPN is Virtual Private Network. Name: ...

Set it up this way but don't type anything in the apn type box. The default settings should configure it at what it needs to be. I was a bit distracted when I pasted the apn settings or I would have changed it to leave blank as well. Can't edit it now that there's a comment.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Success. Is there a way to remove that half created VPN I set up thinking it was the same thing as APN?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Not familiar with that phone specifically. Can you long tap on the vpn you created and delete it? What happens if you hit the menu button from the VPN's page? I can't set one up on my phone without password protecting it and I don't want to mess with creating a password just to play with the VPN settings.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Paul helped me. Long pressing worked. Thanks to both of you, everything is working as intended now in regards to my APN and VPN settings.
I set up a VPN thinking it was the same thing. Its status is "unsuccessful." I am unable to find a way to delete it. Could this create a problem in any way? Anyone with the same phone as me know how to delete it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don J. Legacy wrote:

I set up a VPN thinking it was the same thing. Its status is "unsuccessful." I am unable to fin...

Try pressing the menu button and see if there's an option to delete the VPN you created. If not try long pressing the VPN.
Don J. Legacy wrote:

I set up a VPN thinking it was the same thing. Its status is "unsuccessful." I am unable to fin...

Long pressing VPN was the answer. I didn't even know that long pressing was a thing on Android. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don J. Legacy wrote:

Great minds think alike, I see.
Don J. Legacy wrote:

Actually I am using bVPN and I can highly recommend it for you to get all what you need security, privacy, encryption, unlimited bandwidth and high speed. Check it yourself http://www.vpnfaqs.com/2015/12/android-vpn-set-up/ it has simple interface and easy to use.

I think its a problem of your VPN, I am using Express VPN as my mobile VPN for me Express is the best part of express VPN is it provide 30 days money back guarantee.