Koodo Community
Question

Need to reset APN daily to maintain mobile data

• 22 October 2020
  • 3 replies

For the last month or so, I have had to reset my APN 1-2x daily to get mobile data. By reset - I mean: changing to a different APN for a minute or two, and then switching back to the Koodo APN in the list. I still stay connected to the mobile network (can make and recieve calls & SMS) - just lose data usage ability.

Phone: OnePlus 6 running Android Oxygen OS

I have tried the following steps to resolve without success:

- Network Settings reset (Settings->system->reset options → reset wi-fi, mobile & bluetooth)

- Moving the sim card between slot 1 & 2

-Phone reboots, turning mobile data on/off, etc.

-problem was NOT preceded by an OS update (started in Sept - previous update was in July). An update in October has not changed the problem.

My next thought is a Sim card replacement. Any other thoughts on what to do here?

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Did you check the post-reset network setup against the following (or similar) in Koodo’s network setup web section?

Field

Info

Name

Koodo

APN

sp.koodo.com

Proxy

Blank

Port

Blank

Username

Blank

Password

Blank

Server

Blank

MMSC

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc

MMSC proxy

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Blank

APN type

Blank

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems Oneplus Oxygen had some glitch with APN settings. Normally the phone should be able to refresh/update the APN from Koodo server.

Anyway, can you try to change your phone APN similarly to this thread

The OP reported the new APN worked fine for that Oneplus device.

Userlevel 7

Did you try any of the above noted suggestions? Did it solve the need to reset the APN repeatedly?

If it didn’t, it may be helpful to search for users similar experience with Oneplus’s  Oxygen anomalies with APN settings.