Koodo Community

Community

Solved

need to change plan for one month only

I want to change my plan just for one month to provide more data while traveling. if I change online does it become effective immediately? likewise with changing back...is it effective immediately?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Traveling within the country? Yes it takes effect immediately. The bill will be prorated. Keep on mind you may change your plan once per month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And you can only change to an in-market plan at the time of the change
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just to add so its 100% clear. When you change back after the month, you may not be able to go back to the plan you were on before the change if that plan is no longer listed on the website. So if its a plan that is good, and you want to keep it, maybe consider keeping it and just adding a travel pack to your current plan.
Thanks for all the quick replies. My plan is still listed, so I think I'm safe. My thought was to change to a plan with much more data, so that if we get stuck on the road where there is no reliable internet, we can use the phone as a hotspot. We're currently on the $40/500mb plan, and I thought to switch to the $90/5gb plan for the month. I think that's the most reasonable way to get a decent amount of data. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank Zimmerman wrote:

Thanks for all the quick replies. My plan is still listed, so I think I'm safe. My thought was to...

It will definitely work. Yes. Your situation, Ur paying for piece of mind so it's a bit different than just someone who wants more data just to have it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank Zimmerman wrote:

Thanks for all the quick replies. My plan is still listed, so I think I'm safe. My thought was to...

Keep in mind that using your phone as a hotspot to connect a laptop or other gear will burn through data much more quickly than using the phone iself for data. You often end up download full site data rather than the lighter mobile version designed for the small screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank Zimmerman wrote:

If you're using your phone to provide Internet to other devices, make sure that you turn off auto-updates on those devices, as they won't necessarily recognize the connection as a metered connection.
Frank Zimmerman wrote:

Good tips, fellows. I'll monitor usage during the first few days to make sure nothing unexpected happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank Zimmerman wrote:

Hope all works well for you.