Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need Online Help with Motto G .

I cannot get online with my motto g phone. It has a red triangle with plus sign up in corner and also looks like black squiggle line in grey box.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
The red triangle means you have no service but you are still able to place emergenc calls. Try taking your sim card out and reinserting it after about 30 seconds and reboot your device. By online, did you mean using data?
Yes using data. And not sure how to take my sim card out of phone. I am so new at this it's making me a bit nuts.
Userlevel 7
Jane Jackson wrote:

Yes using data. And not sure how to take my sim card out of phone. I am so new at this it's makin...

are you on prepaid? have you activated your phone yet?
Hi Chad, I pay monthly and phone bill is up to date if that's what your asking.
And yes phone is activated but for some reason now I am getting red triangle with plus sign in it. I can only make emergency calls right now.
Userlevel 7
Here's how to get at the Sim card Make sure to power down the device first http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-x5bmwyJwo
Yes I did take it out but it hasn't helped.
Userlevel 7
Jane Jackson wrote:

Goto settings.. Wireless and networks... More... Mobile networks... Make sure Use 2G only or use GSM only isn't selected Data is enabled Network selection is set to auto.
Userlevel 7
Jane Jackson wrote:

Did you try the above?
Jane Jackson wrote:

Hi Chad, Thanks, It was as u said 2G. I am all good now. Data enabled. Thanks a million! Jane
Userlevel 7
Jane Jackson wrote:

Wonderful, enjoy your phone.
My battery is not charging. I don't know why. Please help. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jane Jackson wrote:

Please try a different USB cable and a different power source. Does the problem persist?
Jane Jackson wrote:

I've tried that. Still not working. Thanks!
Yes still have the problem.
Battery is at 95 % but still not charging in the Motto G phone.
Badge +4
Thank you for all help. I found out I was in the wrong network. I am now good to go. Thanks so very much! Jane