Koodo Community

Community

Need Help Activating SIM

I got a new LG X Power 2 and the sim card from my old phone was too big. Due to this I bought a new Sim Card for it. The representative asked if I have self serve and when I said yes she said "Good cause it costs us to call and set it up" Then sent me home to activate it on self serve myself. Now I have no wifi or data for the phone so I'm on the computer. My self serve doesn't show anywhere to add this sim card to my phone. I went to "Mobile Services" tab and there's no options there to update phone or change sim card. Most things I click say I can't do that within 15 days of getting a new phone. I can't call support because I don't have a sim card in my phone. How do I do this? 

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo took out the function to change sim cards on self serve due to fraud.  You will need to contact koodo via private message via facebook or twitter
Dennis wrote:

Koodo took out the function to change sim cards on self serve due to fraud.  You will need t...

Then why would the rep send me away to do it myself instead of doing it? 
Dennis wrote:

Koodo took out the function to change sim cards on self serve due to fraud.  You will need t...

Also I sent a PM on facebook at 12:15 (30 minutes ago), how long should I expect to wait for a reply? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

It seems like the rep was not informed.  Since this change is somewhat recent, I myself forgot about this until I checked on self serve right now.

Give them a few hours, someone should reply back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I would suggest you call 611 if you are waiting, facebook reply waiting time is almost like calling waiting time (or longer).
Dennis wrote:

I can't call without an activated Sim card 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

If you have another phone, you could call this number 1 (866) 995-6636

Dennis wrote:

Kind of like needing scissors to open a pair of scissors. If I had one I wouldn't need one  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

This is not a good news, I would suggest you wait then, or go to any koodo related store to ask an agent there to switch for you.
Userlevel 6
Hi Michelle, Just out of curiosity, where did you purchase your phone?
Erwin wrote:

A Loblaws Mobile Shop. Bought the phone yesterday but because of the outages it wouldn't go through. Showed up today and got the phone but they forgot it needed a Sim so bought it separate and here we are, 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

Do you have your old phone? If so, you could use it to make the call.
Erwin wrote:

No it was run over the 31st. Just trying to get a new one for 2 days now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

You could install app in your phone to make a call if you have access to wifi, google Hangout app is free and the quality is pretty good.
Erwin wrote:

No wifi, it's cable. I explained I only had my laptop in my original question.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

You can use Skype for PC/Mac and make the call over there by dealing the toll free number 🙂
Userlevel 5
in this situation returning to a Koodo store/kiosk would be best. Since it cannot be done via selfserve a telephone rep will do it for you, the store can call in and you can speak to the rep over the phone. Alternatively, going to a payphone and dialing the toll free number