Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My wife's Samsung S4 has lost all the notes she had stored on it. I had the same phone and it did the same thing. Very frustrating.

I have since changed back over to an IPhone 5SE. Much better phone. Is there anything Koodo can do for my wife and the issues with her S4 Samsung?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Mark. 

Unfortunately, unless it's a hardware problem with the phone, Koodo can't do anything with it...
So you are telling me that my wife cannot store important notes on her phone? What good is that? Can I upgrade to an Apple IPhone 5SE and keep the same contract? Will Koodo wave some of my remaining tab, if I am able to do this? My wife has lost many important notes that she thought was secure on her Samsung phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Evans wrote:

So you are telling me that my wife cannot store important notes on her phone? What good is that...

Hey Mark - have you ever backed your phone up to a computer, Google Drive, or other? If so, you should be able to retrieve notes saved up until that backup date. If not, then unfortunately the data might be lost. If you bring your phone into a Koodo shop, one of our reps can help perform a diagnostic test to see if they can help. With regards to getting a new phone, you can certainly do so, but will need to pay off the remaining tab balance on the account in order to do so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Evans wrote:

So you are telling me that my wife cannot store important notes on her phone? What good is that...

Regular backups of any device, or mirroring to a cloud service ( i.e. Google suite of applications) is simply a part of Safe Hex. It is important for each of us to be aware of how fragile our data is if left only on one device, and put appropriate safeguards in place. Data management strategies recommend at least three copies of all your data on the device, in your home or office, and offsite. There have been many instances on this site of folks losing family photos, etc., as the phone was the only repository of those images when it died / broke / was lost or stolen / went swimming / etc.  Take this opportunity to learn and build a safeguard for your and your wife's data to prevent a recurrence.

Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching.......